Help 3dstudio max8

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

umblas

Help 3dstudio max8

Post by umblas »

Good morning.

I have purchased your space navigator if, I have installed your last release of driver and I have installed the various drivers. I use 3dstudiomax8 and me I have not succeeded in making to correctly work spacenavigator. The driver is slow, it doesn't correctly work, I have attentively followed your indications of installation of the peripheral one. The problem concerns only 3dstudio because is the demos that the plugin for photoshop they work.
I will try to explain the problem to the best: The driver works only if I launch the application from the toolbar but it is slow and when I apply any transformation in 3dmax your driver goes to block, if I try to close the interface he/she writes me emptyerror, some times your driver forces me to finish the application.
I have more times reinstalled the drivers also manually but the problem persists in 3dstudio the spacenavigator it works only when I open 3dconnexioncontrolpanel and as soon as with the mouse touch an any button in max everything returns to jam. I don't know anymore now thing to do for resolving the problem. I repeat that the spacenavigator doesn't work only in 3dmax, all the other applications correctly work, I have also tried to install again Max not inserting plugins of any type because I could think to a possible conflict with them, but no self I have resolved.
I have purchased the spacenavigatorse to make a will it before making a supply for everything of my study and I have maximum interest to use him in 3dsmax.

My computer:
Dellprecision670 dualxeon 4gbramm
windowsxp professional service pack2
I have your mouse laser mx and one keyboard of yours and other peripheral logitech because I am a faithful client.
Use 3dmax8 no service pack
Vray render

I hope that someone helps me
Excuse me the English they are not very good Graces

www.lsudesign.com
agoenczi
User
User

Help 3dstudio max8

Post by agoenczi »

Hi umblas,

please remove the driver you installed and install it again as an administrator. I don't exactly unterstand what could happened, but removing and re-installing the driver makes sure, that nothing could go wrong.

Please try to use your application after this re-installation. Afterward please post how it works.

By the way, could you specify which driver do you use for 3ds max?
Last edited by agoenczi on Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
umblas

Post by umblas »

:D :D Thanks!!!! agoenczi, your suggestion is correct, now everything perfectly works.

I can say that yours is a good product, thank you for having created an economic and reliable option.

Umblas