SpaceNavigator PE: Make right button work with macros in SL?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Torley

SpaceNavigator PE: Make right button work with macros in SL?

Post by Torley »

Friendly greetings!

I'm enjoying using my SpaceNavigator a LOT with Second Life.

I know left button is for Flycam, but right mouse button doesn't do keystroke sequences specified in the control panel. It's strange, because if I choose Button Configuration > R and select "Esc Key", it works.

But if I set a Custom Function of Ctrl-Shift-S (take snapshot in SL), that doesn't register.

Any reason why? My drivers are the latest version and I've done some testing, but it's unclear to me why this isn't working.

Thanks very much in advance! :D
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

Hi Torley,

I tried this and was able to reproduce the behavior you described below. Second Life does not use the 3Dconnexion driver. Instead, it uses DirectInput to navigate and get button events.

I'm suspecting there's a conflict somewhere that's making some key combinations not work. We'll take a look.

Thanks
Torley

Post by Torley »

flomotan, thanks for trying this too! I'll look forward to future developments to make this work — it'd be great because the right mouse button could be used to start/stop a movie recorder program, or take snapshots as I mentioned. All of these are cohesive and beautiful features to make easier.

Shall I expect to hear back from you sometime in the near future? Let me know... :)