Maya 2008 / 8.5 animated camera BIG problem

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

milocraft

Re: Maya 2008 / 8.5 animated camera BIG problem

Post by milocraft »

milocraft wrote:I tried "Target Camera Mode" for Navigation Modes but it just makes the target camera in Maya go crazy as soon as I touch the device. Sucks.
I should point out I am trying to orbit in the camera's viewport. Even if I try not to orbit in the camera's viewport Maya seems to select this viewport when I select the camera which make it so I cannot even touch the device at all.
milocraft

Post by milocraft »

Since it looks like this problem has been around for years and it might never be solved I decided to negate the issue by creating controllers for my cameras. All cameras and aim points are built at origin and constrained to helper objects. I lock the translation values to 0 on all camera objects. Then I constrain them to helper objects and animate those. Seems to work. But it is amazing that I have to do this.
jesperskoog

Post by jesperskoog »

I have a camera with translation locked, but the space mouse just moves the camera anyway. Is this a known bug?

(I tried to get around the problem by making a camera view bookmark, but as translation is locked Maya dosn't care to bookmark translation.)