Maya 2008 / 8.5 animated camera BIG problem

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

rstadie

Post by rstadie »

Could you please make a screenshot and send it to me as soon as this happens? You will find my mail-address in your inbox.
Robert Stadie
mranger

Post by mranger »

It's not something that could be shown in a screenshot. I touch the navigator in any way, and it moves the camera, even though it's keyed. The movement doesn't show up in the keys, or anywhere else exept for the fact that the camera has moved. Thanks
rstadie

Post by rstadie »

Does the movement have an effect in the graph editor (Window - Animation Editors - Graph Editor)?
Robert Stadie
mranger

Post by mranger »

No, not at all. It isn't reflected in the keyframes in any way.
rstadie

Post by rstadie »

I was able to reproduce the problem and we are currently looking into this. I hope to come up with news on this in the next days.

Thank you for letting us know!
Robert Stadie
rstadie

Post by rstadie »

Update: This does not happen if you enable "Rotation Pivot: Camera/View" in the 3Dconnexion Maya Control Panel.
Robert Stadie
mranger

Post by mranger »

True, but that option makes it hard for me to work. Using the pivot of the selected object works much better for me. I gotta stick to that mode until a fix is made. Thanks for working on the problem though.
mranger

Post by mranger »

Many of my renders are now turning out with the camera all messed up, because I might tap the controller right before I save the scene, etc. I'm rethinking now if I want to get the next version of the controller up. This is a huge problem.
rstadie

Post by rstadie »

We are currently working on a solution for this issue - I hope this can be resolved soon.
Robert Stadie
anduvo

Post by anduvo »

Hi there,

Do you know if this issue is finnally corrected?
rasamaya

help

Post by rasamaya »

not currently corrected!

this really sucks. its the only reason I bought the controller, for recording 3d camera moves.

It looks like the camera, changes its world pivot to the object, forgeting where it lives.

If you select your channels, and delete any keyframes, then freeze history, you will notice the difference to equal the local pivot(or the diff between the local and world)...

I really hope this is fixed.

So many bugs... this was years ago!!

Anyone out there?
rasamaya

Post by rasamaya »

Spent 2 days and have everything working.
Maya2011 x64
vista 64
latest Beta drivers

fix A: rotation around subobject pivot!
Fix B: updated fit key to use view current subobject at 50% with no animation on the viewport transition
fix C: ability to record camera and not worry about pivot jumps, thus enabling you to record with "rotatio pivot:" on "scene/object"
This let's you record and change objects of interest on the fly. All recording is in realtime!!! No stutters or timeline weirdness.

I can put a little package together if I get some interest.

What blows my mind, is that I'm a novice programmer, just got my controller and fixed some issues that have been lurking for years.
It will take me a day to make everything user dummy proof.
But I need to know your interested, if your in montreal bring me a beer and I'll do it lol right away.

Loving the new recording abilitys!!!

****@******

Edit (moderator): removed email from public view. Those who want to contact the editor of this post can send a PM.
Stork

Re: Maya 2008 / 8.5 animated camera BIG problem

Post by Stork »

I still have the same exact issue with keyframed camera getting ruined by the SpaceNavigator.

Maya 2015 and latest drivers for the SpaceNavigator.

Still not fixed after 6 years?
milocraft

Re:

Post by milocraft »

rstadie wrote:Update: This does not happen if you enable "Rotation Pivot: Camera/View" in the 3Dconnexion Maya Control Panel.
The latest Maya properties window does not seem to have this option. Can you update the solution here? Thanks. Otherwise this problem is so bad I cannot use the device for animation which is the main reason it was purchased.
milocraft

Re: Maya 2008 / 8.5 animated camera BIG problem

Post by milocraft »

I tried "Target Camera Mode" for Navigation Modes but it just makes the target camera in Maya go crazy as soon as I touch the device. Sucks.