Space Navigator and ADT 2007

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

stutte

Space Navigator and ADT 2007

Post by stutte »

Hello to all!

I am new to this forum since my Space Navigator arrived yesterday. It works pretty well, but there is one big problem.

I use Autodesk Architectural Desktop, 2007 and SN is working pretty good but has no zoom function. Is there anyone using Space Navigator with ADT? Are there any Updates that will solve the problem? Am I doing something wrong or are there any switches that I didn´t find? It should be no problem for 3Dconnexion to get this function working in ADT, since this seem to work in othe CAD-applications without any problems.

Thanks for your answers in advice,

regards,

chris
WIN XP, ADT 2007-SP1
wvbesien

Post by wvbesien »

I also use ADT2007, ant it works OK (zooming, panning, spinning, ... everything). I only have this problem. But a solution is coming soon...
stutte

Configuration

Post by stutte »

Hi WVbesien!

What configuration did you choose? Standard, od did you make any changes? What firmware/driver is installed?

Chris
WIN XP, ADT 2007-SP1
wvbesien

Post by wvbesien »

I have the latest 3Dconnexion driver.
To check this: go to the control panel and choose "tools" > "update wizard...".

I only made some small modifications (speed a bit higher, some axes reversed,...), but it should allready work without these modifications.

If the (new) drivers are installed, you should see a 3Dconnexion toolbar in ADT2007 with 6 buttons.

Willem
stutte

ADT 2007

Post by stutte »

Hello Willem!

I did install newest drivers yesterday, and I do have the toolbar with 5 (!) buttons in the menu, but in 3D-Mode ( real mode) I cannot zoom at all, all other functions work. Do you use the professional Navigator, or the standard personal edition? Maybe there are differences between the both!?.

Chris
WIN XP, ADT 2007-SP1
ngomes

Re: ADT 2007

Post by ngomes »

Hi stutte,
stutte wrote:Maybe there are differences between the both!?.
There are no difference in functionality between the Personal and Standard Edition of the SpaceNavigator. The difference is the license terms (Standard Edition is available for commercial use).
Regarding the problem at hand, are you able to zoom using the demos shipped with 3DxWare (the device driver)? You will find them in the Start menu, Programs, 3Dconnexion, 3Dconnexion 3DxWare, Demos.
stutte

ADT 2007

Post by stutte »

Hello again!

Thanks for your fast answers!

I made it even in ADT to zoom in the 3D-Mode, but only if I press the scroll wheel of my mouse. I thought zoom is available by lifting the SN-Knob up or pressing it down without using my mouse. Was that incorrect?

Thanks again,

chris
WIN XP, ADT 2007-SP1
Fred

Post by Fred »

Stutte,

Make sure Mechanical desktop is open.
Open the 3dcontrol panel (Icon by the clock)
Click app configuration tab
make sure
pan/zoom
tilt/spin/roll are selected.
uncheck Dominant