Who Needs a KB, Mouse Driver for their 3D Connexion Device

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

I need a KB Mouse Joystick Driver

and would use it for gaming
30%
and would use it for 3D apps where there is currently no direct support
40%
and would use it for 2D apps so I don't need to switch controllers from 3D
30%
, because I wouldn't purchase a 3D Mouse without one and have not done so because of this.
No votes
and don't care because a 3D Mouse is a tool for professionals and not a Toy
No votes
, no Sorry I don't need one.
No votes

Total votes: 10

DCrosby

Who Needs a KB, Mouse Driver for their 3D Connexion Device

Post by DCrosby »

I'd like to get 3DConnexion an idea of the people who actually read the forum or stumble across this, who actually use their products, who would like the addition of a 3D Connexion supported Driver, and Who would hold off purchasing a 3DConnexion Device, because there's no driver. And if you're so inclined post a comment on what it is you'd like to see support for.
Dwabble

Post by Dwabble »

It's a bit too early to answer for me, when I imagine it in gaming I think it might be fun for controlling the choppers in battelfield2 maybe, but I'm not sure I'd like it for FPS control for instance, I guess I should try it at some point. It might also be handy in strategy games like supreme-commander that display 3d environments that you need to survey.

Perhaps it might be handy as controller for video editing too I realise now, after all studios also use similar controllers, weird that I see photoshop support but not after-effects and such support in the list of applications, seems to make more/equals sense to have it in those.

Anyway I'm not sure which option to vote for but I think it makes sense that people will want support in just that application they have that typically doesn't have support yet.
bjevers

Post by bjevers »

It would be great in FPS shooters. I used to use the SpaceOrb 360 and would own in Quake 2 and UT99.