solid edge problems

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

mclaser

Post by mclaser »

Yes, when I say ST I mean Sync Tech. I received the new SE with ST this week (so it is shipping to US customers) and have been using it for a couple days now. The new SE comes with two ways to open/create a part or asy: Synchronous and "Traditional" (non-ST). I can't say why your SET ROTATION is grayed out in v18 -- I thought you were experiencing a problem in the new version v100 (or ST). I have used the SpacePilot with v18, 19, & 20 I believe; however, I have had many mysterious issues with the drivers which somehow got worked out many months ago and everything was stable and working fine in v20 before I just installed ST. Sorry I can't be more helpful. It's possible (probable) that your problem is related to the same issue in ST.

Greg
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

cacciatorino wrote:At the moment I'm using V18 and the function to auto-set the rotation center is grayed out.
This is a result of a limitation in the Solid Edge API when using a Design&Drafting license.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi mclaser,
Just tried Traditional (non-ST) with SE ST and the SET ROTATION POINT is enabled and seems to work fine. When using a "SE with ST" part the button is disabled (ghosted) so there appears to be no way to turn it on. Ideas?
This is an issue in the Solid Edge add-in included in 3DxSoftware v. 3.6.7. We have a fix for that and the code will be made available in the next few weeks (as part of a update to 3DxSoftware v. 3.6).

We apologise for the inconvenience the bug may causing our customers.
cacciatorino

Post by cacciatorino »

ngomes wrote:This is a result of a limitation in the Solid Edge API when using a Design&Drafting license.
Please insert a warning on your website about this.

Regards, Alessandro.
mclaser

Post by mclaser »

Hi ngomes,

Is there a way I can be notified when the fix is available so I don't have to monitor the download page? Also, even if I monitor the download page, I don't really know what I'm looking for. Is it possible to just email it to me?
BTW, I have not tried Draft; only Part & Asy thus far. I not quite sure what a "Design & Drafting" license is. UGS gives SE Drafting away for free don't they? My license says "Solid Edge Classic."

Greg
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi mclaser,
Is there a way I can be notified when the fix is available so I don't have to monitor the download page?
Unfortunately, 3Dconnexion no longer has this facility.
My license says "Solid Edge Classic."
The "classic" license has no limitation in the use of the Solid Edge API.
cacciatorino

Post by cacciatorino »

mclaser wrote:I not quite sure what a "Design & Drafting" license is. UGS gives SE Drafting away for free don't they?
Hi Greg,
D&D is a limited license of solid edge. The main functions that it doesn't have when compared to the full version are:
1) Sheet metal is not present. You cannot create or modify psm files.
2) Advanced part modeler is not present: you cannot create/edit special features like elicoids, sweep, mirror of body, etc etc.
3) Api is not working as we saw.

The reason to buy a D&D license is the price: about 3000 euros against 7500 needed for a classic license.

Alessandro.
mclaser

Updata availability

Post by mclaser »

gnnomes,
How's that update coming?
ngomes

Re: Updata availability

Post by ngomes »

Hi mclaser,
How's that update coming?
In final stages of testing. We expect to have the add-in available for download before month's end.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

mclaser wrote:Just tried Traditional (non-ST) with SE ST and the SET ROTATION POINT is enabled and seems to work fine. When using a "SE with ST" part the button is disabled (ghosted) so there appears to be no way to turn it on. Ideas?
3Dconnexion today released a update for Windows software. It includes a new revision of the Solid Edge add-in with a fix for this bug.

The software (3DxSoftware v. 3.6.8) can be downloaded from here. The software is available for users of SpacePilot, SpaceExplorer USB, SpaceNavigator (all editions), SpaceMouse Plus/Plus XT USB and SpaceBall 5000 USB.

We appreciate if customers report here whether the problem is confirmed fixed on their respective configurations.
cacciatorino

[SOLVED] Solid edge problems

Post by cacciatorino »

ngomes wrote:
mclaser wrote:
The software (3DxSoftware v. 3.6.8 ) can be downloaded from here. The software is available for users of SpacePilot, SpaceExplorer USB, SpaceNavigator (all editions), SpaceMouse Plus/Plus XT USB and SpaceBall 5000 USB.

We appreciate if customers report here whether the problem is confirmed fixed on their respective configurations.
Dear Ngomes,
finally i found the time to test the new driver:

Solid EdgeV20 Sp9 Version Design and Drafting
System WinXP HE SP3
3dware Driver 3.6.8

Now it seems to work well, the rotation center when manipulating model is correctly placed at the center of the current view, and not in the 0,0,0 point as it was with the old driver.
The problem is solved (when I started this topic I was still using Solid edge V18, and now I'm on V20 (both D&D), but I think this is not important.
maxtkirk

Re: solid edge problems

Post by maxtkirk »

Hi,
I state same problem. I'm posting reply just to keep me updated.
Problem comes after 10.4.3 release.
MAx
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello maxtkirk,

can you please explain in detail that problem you have?

In addition please provide the version of Solid Edge and the version of the driver that you have installed?
maxtkirk

Post by maxtkirk »

Hi, forgive me my last post was referring another thread. I posted here for mistake but I'm not able to edit my post.....