XSI addon needs to be updated

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

krivel

XSI addon needs to be updated

Post by krivel »

I've been requesting and asking about this for about 2 years now but when can we get an updated driver that allows 3d connexion devices to work properly with every view-port in XSI? It only works in the camera view, user view and front, left, right, top views. The other critical views like object view, schematic, render tree, ice tree...etc. need to be fully functional as well. What exactly is preventing the device from working properly with these?
Kris Rivel
Director/Owner
Apparatus
www.apparatusfx.com
Bryan

Desired Improvements to SoftImages's XSI

Post by Bryan »

Dear Mr. Krivel,

It's a matter of decisions that the developers of SoftImage have make for their user interface of how they want to use input from our devices in their application. You may want to share with them what you, as their customer, would find to be an improvement for their next development cycle.

Sincerely,
Bryan
krivel

Post by krivel »

Hmmm...last I spoke to them, they said the current SDK offers plenty of ways for you to have your device work in anyway that you want. This is where it was last left off two years ago....back and fourth between 3d Connexion and Softimage. Is there anything specific in the SDK that I can point to them? Feel free to email me off this forum with any info that I can provide to them...contacts, specific issues with the SDK, etc.
Kris Rivel
Director/Owner
Apparatus
www.apparatusfx.com
krivel

Post by krivel »

Going to bump this up again and hopefully get some more specific info.

Can you tell me what specifically in the XSI SDK/API is preventing 3d Connexion devices from working in all views? Be as technical as possible.
Kris Rivel
Director/Owner
Apparatus
www.apparatusfx.com