losing button command space navigator PE in Inventor 2008

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

paul.cuppens

losing button command space navigator PE in Inventor 2008

Post by paul.cuppens »

Hi,

I'm using my spacenavigator PE with inventor 2008 at home (not for commercial use). Now i encounter the following problem. Every time i start up inventor 2008 i need to reprogram my buttons, lukkely there are only 2 buttons. Okay i can live with that. But Every time i create a new part in inventor 2008 My button mapping is lost, and i need to remap my buttons. I tried the save as command, but that doesnt work either.
Anyone else encounter the same problem??

Paul
rstadie

Post by rstadie »

Hi Paul,

This should not happen. Do you use the 3DxInventor Button Mapping Editor to map the commands? Screenshots can be found under "C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3Dconnexion 3DxSoftware\3DxInventor\3DxInventor.chm".
Which configuration is active when you map your commands?
Robert Stadie
paul.cuppens

Post by paul.cuppens »

The button mapping editor? I duoble click on the 3d connexion sysmbol in the lower right of my windwas toolbar and then I get the 3D connexion control panel. Then in the tab button configuration I map my buttons.
What do you mean by 'configuration'??

Paul
rstadie

Post by rstadie »

Please use our Button Mapping Editor to map your commands in Inventor. The 3DxInventor add-in should load automatically after you install the 3Dconnexion software. You will need to activate the toolbar the first time you run 3DxInventor (right-click on the toolbar and select "3DxInventor").

Then use the Button Mapping Editor to map the commands. Unfortunately the commands that you map in the control panel will be overwritten as soon as the 3DxInventor plug-in starts.
Robert Stadie
paul.cuppens

Post by paul.cuppens »

OK thx.
I did not try your solution. I've read somewhere else in the forum that the inventor plug in is not needed for the spacemouse to work. so i uninstalled the plug in and the mouse is working properly now. my commands stay as i close down inventor and even reboot my computer.

Does the inventor plug in does something special? then i may need to install it again and use your solution.

Paul
tmarkr

Space Navigator

Post by tmarkr »

Hi,
I'm having the same problem, and have tried using the button mapper via Inventor (I use Inventor 2009). However, this doesn't seem to work, when I turn on my PC this morning the button configuration is back to the default.

Any ideas?
/Mark
paul.cuppens

Post by paul.cuppens »

Just trie to uninstall the inventor add-on from 3d connexion. Inventor automatically supports the general driver.
I've tried it, and it works fine now.

paul