Installing drivers for AutoCAD and Inventor?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Cheval

Post by Cheval »

I'm not sure if these things are supposed to automatically install mine didn't, with the exception of Solidworks. The only ones I can't figure out are AutoCAD and Inventor, both of which have their "manual install" sections blank. Anyone throw me a bone where to throw these files????

Also, could the AutoCAD ones be used for AutoCAD Mechanical, too ??

Thanks!
Peter

Post by Peter »

Cheval,
Perhaps you can tell us which motion controller you are using and which version of AutoCad you have.
When you install the 3dx driver, the default setting for the installation is COMPLETE. This will install the appropriate add-in for AutoCad (depending on the version of AutoCad that you are using).

Peter
Cheval

Post by Cheval »

I figured that too, but for whatever reason the ONLY one it installed automatically was for Solidworks 2008. It did NOT install for:

AutoCAD 2009
Inventor 2008
3ds max 2009
Maya 2008
Photoshop CS3
PROE WF 4

The thing is with PROE, 3ds max and maya at least the README that came with it gave manual install instructions whereas all of the READMEs for the other ones have their manual install sections left BLANK. I figured out where to put the file for Photoshop and it works fine (only one file to install), but the other ones have multiple files and I haven't a clue where to put them.

My OS is Vista Ultimate SP1 64-bit quad core Intel Q9450 + 8GB ram.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Dear Cheval,

What version of 3DxSoftware did you install?
Did you choose the "Complete" Version when you installed?

Sincerely,
Bryan
Cheval

Re: Installing drivers for AutoCAD and Inventor?

Post by Cheval »

Bryan wrote:Dear Cheval,

What version of 3DxSoftware did you install?
Did you choose the "Complete" Version when you installed?

Sincerely,
Bryan
3DxSoftwarePE_v3-6-6.exe

It doesn't ask anything about a complete? It just gives you choices about what software ones that it will install.

well, out of curiosity I started the install again and I noticed several bars (20?) go across the install box, like it was installing the things for each software package (?). Now AutoCAD and Inventor work fine., w00t. for whatever reason none of this happened during the original install.

Also the software works for autocad mechanical 2009 too w00t!
Cheval

Post by Cheval »

don't see that i can edit my post?

II meant to say i started the install again and chose REPAIR and that's what seemed to install it fine with about 20 different install bars going across. These multiple bars did NOT happen during orignal install. Just one bar going across over the period of a few seconds and that was it. This time it took like 20+ seconds for all the bars to go across. Much different than original install!
Bryan

Repairing Installs Missing Plug-Ins

Post by Bryan »

Dear Cheval,

I'm glad to hear all the plug-in's installed for you this time. I know the programers have worked really hard to make the process as simple as possible for everyone.

Thanks,
Bryan