Optimal Settings for Google Earth?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

treedee

Optimal Settings for Google Earth?

Post by treedee »

I'm having some trouble smoothly navigating Google Earth with SpaceNavigator.

It works ok, but when I try to Spin to move sideways, it starts Spinning but then also Zooms in BIG steps: to the right it Zooms In and to the Left it Zooms Out. Zoom is assigned to Up/Down, so I don't get why it's doing this and I'm very careful not to engage the vertical axis.

Aren't there some standard settings that work best with Google Earth? The way it is for me right now it almost seems simpler to use a standard mouse and keyboard!

Thanks for any help.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Treedee,
Open the 3d connexion control panel (use the icon in the taskbar or go to: START/PROGRAMS/3D CONNEXION/3D CONNEXION 3DXWARE/SHOW 3DXWARE CONTROL PANEL)

From the Device Configuration Tab, select the CALIBRATE button.

Let me know if there are then any changes in Google Earth.

Peter
zapffe

Similar problem in Google Earth and Sketchup

Post by zapffe »

I am having similar problems with my Space Explorer both in Google Earth and in SketchUp.

Pulling the handle up does not only move the camera / the object upwards, but tilts the object / camera forwards at the same time. The opposite happens when i push the handle down.

Tilting downwards and upwards causes the object / camera to move upwards and downwards at the same time.

Also tilting sideways is not a clean movement, but involves some rotation that it shouldn't.

It does not help to use the calibrate button on the control panel, the problem persists. Neither does it help to reset all to original settings, nor to restart the computer.

Please help!!!

PS: sorry for double-posting. Accidentially this message also went in another (wrong) discussion line