Still having USB weirdness with Spacepilot

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Smiler

Still having USB weirdness with Spacepilot

Post by Smiler »

Hi all,

I installed the RBC9 driver ages ago now (didn't work for me) and have suffered some weird USB behaviour since. I'd originally connected the SP to my hardwired ports and the RBC driver would not work so I tried connecting to a powered hub, didn't work either so I uninstalled the driver. Upon rebooting, I found the SP would only be recognised on the hub, not on the hardwired ports. I know it's not the SP as It works perfectly on my work machine, it's just on my home machine I see this trouble.

I have deleted all references to 3DXware and RBC9 in the registry, the RBC9 entry's were damaged (no object owner) and I had to set permissions and delete manually but on re-booting the SP is still not found except on the hub.

More for my own education, is there anything else I can find in the registry or elseware that could cause this effect?

System is Vista Ultimate 32bit.

I also have the system dualbootong to XP Pro and the SP is found on the hardwired ports no problem.

Thanks for any help.
Regards, Jeff.
Fred

Post by Fred »

You may have to perform a Clean OS install.
When you installed the unsuported driver it changed the windows registry.
jwick

Post by jwick »

You might get some help by posting to the RBC9 forum topic.
Some of those folks have had to uninstall it.
Smiler

Post by Smiler »

Thanks guys,

Yes looks like an OS install is on the cards to sort it out. I realise the RBC9 driver is unsupported so why don't you be good little programmers and write us a driver that is supported and doesn't break my OS :wink: (that's a winking smiley for the humour impaired :wink: )
Regards, Jeff.