C4D: view buttons [was: space mouse manual sensitivity contr...]

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

AdamUllstrom

C4D: view buttons [was: space mouse manual sensitivity contr...]

Post by AdamUllstrom »

Hi !
I am having problems with getting the standard Cinema 4d r17 button mappings to work with my Spacepilot Pro.

The "1-9" and for tools do work, but the different views buttons and the "fit" button does not.

I tried my own setup, where I use the properties window and if I search for a macro like "top view" I can assign that, but the icon will change from the default setup "cube + a filled in top side" to a generic keyboard press icon. Also whenI search for "left view" there is none. (se attached image http://imgur.com/a/kF5eX ) - so I removed my own cinema4d.xml from %appDATA% location.

Then restarted cinema

When hovering over the 3dxware icon in taskbar I see that the Cinema 4d.XML is loaded.
Pretty sure it's the one from 3DxWinCore64 location since its the only one with a capital extension ".XML" vs the %appdata" locations where the extension is with a lower capital "xml".

btw, I am running Cinema 4D R17.055 on windows 10

Any thoughts?

best regards
Adam
Regards
Adam Ullstrom
UtaSH

Re: C4D: view buttons [was: space mouse manual sensitivity c

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Adam,

we are not aware that there would be macros for the different views (top, back, right, ...). So we didn't include this to the default profile.

If you know the macros you can create your own shortcuts for this and map them to the corresponding buttons. But macros created by you will always show the "generic keyboard press icon".
Thom0ne

Re: C4D: view buttons [was: space mouse manual sensitivity c

Post by Thom0ne »

Hello,

I just got my space mouse today. Is there by chance a document or some start up advice you could offer.

Hardly anything is working. Pan and L/R work but no rotation.

The top, front, right view buttons don't work (right now anyway).

Thanks for any tips!