Space mouse not detected on windows

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

jaimi

Space mouse not detected on windows

Post by jaimi »

I have a cadmouse and a spacemouse wireless. I use both on my iMac without problem. Recently I puchased a surface pro 4, and installed the 3dconnexion drivers to use the cad mouse on it, and it worked fine. Now, I want to also use my spacemouse on it, but windows doesn't seem to see it, either in wireless mode, or plugged in with a USB cable. When plugged in with a cable, I can go into the 3dconnexion Home and run settings, it shows it, and shows that it is charging. However, it doesn't work in any app. And if I go into the Trainer, it pauses for a long time and then shows a dialog saying "Could not locate an installed 3Dconnexion device. Please install your motion controller driver software before proceeding". So, I reinstall the driver. But nothing changes. Very strange.
jaimi

Re: Space mouse not detected on windows

Post by jaimi »

FYI - If the same thing happens to you, I got around this issue by completely uninstalling the drivers, and reinstalling.
buzzer1001

Post by buzzer1001 »

I have encountered the same problem. I installed the new driver, as prompted, and now my computer cannot detect the spacemouse. I have rebooted, repaired the drivers, rolled back, unintstalled, reinstalled, plugged into different ports (all of these actions performed more than once) - nada.

The blue LED is on, so I know it's connected. Under Device Manager > Human Interface Devices, the SpaceMouse Pro is showing, and Windows says "This device is working properly." But when I start the 3Dconnexion app and go to the Navigator, I get the error message "Error: Could not locate an installed 3Dconnexion device. Please install your motion controller driver software before proceeding."
2018-01-09_8-36-34.jpg
2018-01-09_8-36-34.jpg (18.24 KiB) Viewed 25917 times
Needless to say, this is very frustrating. Any clues?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

I apologize for the inconvenience. See here for the solution.
buzzer1001

Post by buzzer1001 »

Thanks for the reply. In this case I managed to fix by uninstalling (via Windows Control Panel > Programs and Features, not by the 3D Connexion software, which is how I uninstalled the first attempt) and reinstalling. However, the solution presented seems like an easier fix - I'll try that next time.
Wesker

Post by Wesker »

UtaSH wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:04 am I apologize for the inconvenience. See here for the solution.
The link to the solution no longer works? Do you have an updated one? Thanks.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Wesker,

yes, the update is our latest driver which fixes the issue. That's why we removed the FAQ. Please update your 3Dconnexion driver to the current version - 10.5.5.
phil83

Post by phil83 »

Hi,

I have the same issue and have installed, uninstalled and re-installed the latest driver 3DxWare64_V-10-8_r2793.exe and the issue does not resolve.

I have also tried to revert to 10-5-3 as I could not find 10-5-5.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Phil
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Phil,

see if removing the settings as described here solves the issue on your machine.

Is the device shown in the device manager under Human Interface Devices?
jaanos

Post by jaanos »

I'm having the same problem, cadmouse and spacemouse wireless - cadmouse works fine. Have tried full uninstall of drivers and installing latest 10.6.3 driver. i have also tried installing 10.6.0 - all with the same results. Windows does not detect the space mouse. It is not visible in the 3Dconnexion trainer, settings or in any of my software.

I have tried the 'clean up the configuration on Windows' steps but this has made no difference.

Connecting the space mouse wireless with a usb cable enables its use but I only have 2 usb ports and need them for an external HDD and the universal receiver so the mouse works!

Please advise as this is doing my head in.

Thanks!
luping

Post by luping »

jaanos wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:45 pm I'm having the same problem, cadmouse and spacemouse wireless - cadmouse works fine. Have tried full uninstall of drivers and installing latest 10.6.3 driver. i have also tried installing 10.6.0 - all with the same results. Windows does not detect the space mouse. It is not visible in the 3Dconnexion trainer, settings or in any of my software.

I have tried the 'clean up the configuration on Windows' steps but this has made no difference.

Connecting the space mouse wireless with a usb cable enables its use but I only have 2 usb ports and need them for an external HDD and the universal receiver so the mouse works!

Thanks!
Buy some USB Hub.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

jaanos wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:45 pm I'm having the same problem, cadmouse and spacemouse wireless - cadmouse works fine. Have tried full uninstall of drivers and installing latest 10.6.3 driver. i have also tried installing 10.6.0 - all with the same results. Windows does not detect the space mouse. It is not visible in the 3Dconnexion trainer, settings or in any of my software.

Thanks!
Hi jaanos,

the SpaceMouse Wireless doesn't have Bluetooth. You need to connect it wither with the cable or with the Universal Receiver. So, yes, you will need a free USB port. :|
johnb440

Post by johnb440 »

I have the same issue. My spacepilot works fine on my pc at work but i brought it home and it is not detected on my home workstation but it does work on my laptop.
My pc just does not recognise that it's plugged in. I dont think it's receiving any power from the usb port.
I had tried all 8 of my available ports and it doesn't work on any of them.
However my spacemouse works perfectly in all ports.
I've updated my driver's to the latest but still no life.
Has anyone solved this yet?

Also, is this a known issue with the new spacemouse enterprise? As i am thinking of buying one.
luping

Post by luping »

johnb440 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:41 pm I have the same issue. My spacepilot works fine on my pc at work but i brought it home and it is not detected on my home workstation but it does work on my laptop.
My pc just does not recognise that it's plugged in. I dont think it's receiving any power from the usb port.
I had tried all 8 of my available ports and it doesn't work on any of them.
However my spacemouse works perfectly in all ports.
I've updated my driver's to the latest but still no life.
Has anyone solved this yet?

Also, is this a known issue with the new spacemouse enterprise? As i am thinking of buying one.
Upgrade to SpaceMouse Enterprise, the latest driver supports it.