Autodesk DWF Viewer and Design Review

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

angelobanjo

Autodesk DWF Viewer and Design Review

Post by angelobanjo »

I know that support was added for the latest release of DWF Viewer. However, there appears to be no way to control the movement/navigation within the app settings.

I can't get the controller (spacenativgator) to function similar to the mouse orbit command. I think it's the tilt that's messing things up. Also, is the plugin capability the same in DWF beta versions and the publicly released DWF viewer?

Thanks,
Angelo
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

Hello:

Which version of the DWF Viewer do you have?

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
EdinSimon

Post by EdinSimon »

Hi,
I'm using Design Review 2007 but i can't seem to get it to work at all? :(

(Design Review 2007 Build Version 3.0.0.928)

Am I doing something wrong or is this version not supported yet?

I've got Space Navigator 3DxWare 6.0.16

And it works fine with 3DSMax 9 & ABS 2007

Thanks

-Simon-
jwick

Post by jwick »

You need ADR v4. I think that's in Beta.
Or DWF Viewer >= 7.0.0.928.
EdinSimon

Post by EdinSimon »

Thanks Jwick,
I'll go search out the beta 4. from Autodesk.

Hopefully should be ok come 2008

-Simon-
traats

DWF viewer navigation problem

Post by traats »

I seem to have the same problem as 'angelobanjo', the navigation in Autodesk DWF Viewer doesn't work like it should. You can't navigate around on object. I already tried all settings, but it seems like the DWF viewer confuses the 'tilt', 'roll' and 'spin' commands. If you tilt the navigator, the object spins, rolls or tilts sometimes. The command seems to depend on the viewpoint of the camera.
I'm using the right version of DWF viewer (7.0.0.928) according to 'jwick'. The space navigator works fine in all other (Autodesk) programs.
Does anyone know what could be the problem?
Thanks, Tim
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hi Tim,

What config file is in use when you run the DWF viewer?
Make sure the defaults have been restore in that config file.
Is this specific to a specific file? Does the ArborPress sample file work fine?
Does it matter if you start from a standard camera position (say straight in front of the object)?

Jim
3Dx Software Development
traats

Post by traats »

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the fast reaction. The config file that is in use is 'Any Application'. I restored the default settings and tried it with different files.
When you start orbiting from a standard viewpoint there aren't much problems, but when you've orbited around the object you run in to trouble. It seems like it is orbiting around a different axis.
I sorry but I don't know what you mean by the arborpress file.
I hope you can help me with this problem.

Tim
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hi Tim,

The ArborPress file is a standard DWF sample file.

This is starting to sound like it could be a problem in the DWF viewer. It should always work the same regardless of the part, the angle of view on the part, or the coordinate systems defined in the part.

Is the part you are looking at proprietary? If not, can you email it to forum@3dconnexion.com so we can have a look at how the DWF viewer reacts to it?

Thanks.
Jim
3Dx Software Development
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hi Tim,

Sure enough. That’s messed up!

Unfortunately, it isn’t our math so there isn’t anything we can do about it. It is inside the DWF viewer. If they have a support forum for the viewer, that’s the best place to post a complaint. I suspect they will want a part file to look at. If you could take your building and just strip it down to a ground plane with a couple of boxes on it, that should be good enough to show the problem. It could have something to do with the orientation of your coordinate system. It shouldn’t be an issue. It should handle any coordinate system orientation.

BTW, Button 1 puts the device into camera mode so you can fly through your part. Unfortunately, that shows another problem that Autodesk needs to fix (you can’t get inside the building <G>).

Button 8 resets the view.

These two buttons are not mapped to your SN by default, you have to assign them in the 3DxWare GUI.

Jim
3Dx Software Development