Catia V5.19 3dconnexion wireless problem

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Eyadkalaji

Catia V5.19 3dconnexion wireless problem

Post by Eyadkalaji »

Hello ,

i know this problem has been posted before but i couldn't really know how to solve it after i read the posts , that being said i am sorry for asking again about this issue.

I know in catia i have to configure my two buttons in the software interface, which i am doing . however i can't find the CTRL command, and of course whenever i set it up using the space mouse software it gets overridden once i jump to catia ! could you please guide me through configuring the CTRL button ? this is the only reason that make me remove my hand from the mouse into the keyboard , its not a big deal but its ideal if i can configure that :)

Thank you very much

Eyad
UtaSH

Re: Catia V5.19 3dconnexion wireless problem

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Eyadkalaji,

what device do you have?

Which driver version is installed? See driver window -> About.

Where exactly do you map the button? In Catia or in the driver? With 3DxWare 10 you should not use the mapping in Catia - only map buttons in the driver UI.
Eyadkalaji

Post by Eyadkalaji »

Hi, and thanks for answering,

I use the 3dconnexion wireless device with the latest driver update,

i do change the buttons in the driver, however once i open catia it gets overwritten by the software configuration of the buttons.

and in the catia 3d mouse interface, i can't set up the CTRL button :\

Do you have any solution for that ?

Thank you

Eyad
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Do you have the SpaceMouse Wireless or the SpaceMouse Pro Wireless?

Which driver version do you have installed? See driver window -> About.
Eyadkalaji

Post by Eyadkalaji »

I have the SpaceMouse Wireless .

and the driver version is
3DxWare 10 version 10.4.6
3DxWinCore Version 17.4.6.13336

I tried to set up the mouse left button to be ctrl button from the 3DxWare window. however every time I open catia . this order seem to disappear .

Thanks for your help
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Eyadkalaji,

the driver saves the settings for each application separately. To determine for which application you want the changes you have to make sure that the application is running and is the active window. The driver shows the name of the active application at the top of the window. It should look like this:
Catia V5 + SpaceMouse Wireless - Left button set to Ctrl
Catia V5 + SpaceMouse Wireless - Left button set to Ctrl
Catia_SMW_Ctrl.jpg (116.76 KiB) Viewed 10971 times
If this is what you see I suggest you clean your settings for the 3D mouse. See here how to do that. Let me know if you could solve your problem.
Eyadkalaji

Post by Eyadkalaji »

Hello,

Yes I have my software name appears in the driver software of the space mouse. I set up the left button of the mouse to be the Ctrl Key, however I am not being able to pick up this command in Catia . I read in couple posts here that i have to right click in the button field then chose , get driver command. however when i right click in the button field that option is grayed out. Now , i am stuck . can you please advice how can i get the keyboard button into catia 3dx device configuration ?
Thanks

UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Eyadkalaji,

the instructions you found apply to an older version of our driver software. With 3DxWare 10.4.1 and higher please do not use the Button Customization window from Catia. All button mappings have to be made in the driver panel.
Eyadkalaji

Post by Eyadkalaji »

Hi Utash

When I do that the mapping work for the session right after i set it up in the driver , however once i restart the software , the mapping doesn't work anymore. or it switch to the setting of the catia mapping.
Yesterday i set it up in the driver, however today the set up is gone, do I have to set it up at each startup ? Or is there a way to shut off catia mapping, so only the driver controls it ?

Thanks
Attachments
Space mouse button3.PNG
Space mouse button3.PNG (47.28 KiB) Viewed 9610 times
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Eyadkalaji,

the settings that you make are saved in your AppData folder in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg.

The screenshot that you show is not from Catia. When you make the changes for Catia make sure the driver window shows Catia.

Are you working in two or more Catia sessions at the same time?
Eyadkalaji

Post by Eyadkalaji »

Hi UtaSH,

Sorry i should have clarified this ,So Digital Project is a software built on Catia V5, It is the architecture edit of Catia, developed by Gehry Technology.
I checked the location you mentioned and i saw a file in the name of digital project, i guess this contain the settings.
however for some reason, every time i restart the computer or restart just the software, I have to set up the Ctrl button again.
I always use one session of digital project. Sometimes i open multiples . but the problem exist even when i open only one.

Thanks
Attachments
Space mouse button4.PNG
Space mouse button4.PNG (141.1 KiB) Viewed 9596 times
Space mouse button5.PNG
Space mouse button5.PNG (34.02 KiB) Viewed 9596 times
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Eyadkalaji,
can you check if you have the same problems when you are in Catia without Digital Project?

When you have Catia + Digital Project open please move the cursor over the little black/white 3Dconnexion icon in the system tray and wait for the little window to show up. It will tell you which 3Dconnexion device is attached, which application is currently active (Catia or Digital Project?) and it tells you which file it uses to save the changes you make.
Eyadkalaji

Post by Eyadkalaji »

Hi UtaSH

I don't have catia Installed, for that i can't test if the problem exist there .
This is what the black icon says.
Attachments
Space mouse button6.png
Space mouse button6.png (22.37 KiB) Viewed 9439 times