Spacepilot pro is giving USB errors

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

nashero

Spacepilot pro is giving USB errors

Post by nashero »

Hello All,

I use a Spacepilot pro and a space navigator since 2010. The spacepilot pro is from 2010. Currently these are used with a host of applications, including Solid Edge ST9, NeiNASTRAN+FEMAP, Rhino3D 6WIP, Fusion360, Geomagic etc. etc.

The spacepilot pro has started acting for the past 6 months or so. Earlier it was not this bad, but now, after working for an hour or so, it randomly stops working. Many times, if I just unplug and re-plug the device it begins to work again, but many times I get the error that the USB device has stopped working. This is all random, there is no consistent error. I've done all the troubleshooting that I can think of, completely uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling the system. The system in question is a Win10 64bit system with a dual Xeon E5540 processor with 48gb of ram . This happens with any of the above software, so its not software dependent.

My product ID: P4109480293

I know that the mouse is old, but am interested in knowing if there is a solution, if there's a firmware update for the spacepilot pro... etc. Its terribly debilitating to have the spacepilot pro go berserk midway during work.

Thank you,
Naresh
nashero

Re: Spacepilot pro is giving USB errors

Post by nashero »

bump... anybody with some helpful thoughts?
fyew-jit-tiv

Post by fyew-jit-tiv »

I had a problem sometime ago where my 3DcX devices would randomly disconnect from the system. I have had this system running for yrs and forgot to look at my ghost driver in the device manager and i had 100's of ghosts. Deleted them all restarted and my problem went away.

Device Manager>View>Show hidden devices

Expand the table tree and you should see a good few greyed out devices. As long as none of them are not used by discounted devices you may have go ahead and delete them. DO NOT TOUCH/DELETE the storage volumes shadow copies. You mainly looking for USB ghosts. Keyboards, H.I.D's, Mice and other pointing devices, Other devices, Sound and game controllers USB controllers etc.....

The above may/may not work for you but give it a try. Failing that you'll need to look at your USB drivers that come with windows 10. MS have taken over the deployment of the USB controller drivers so this may well be where your problem is at.

Post back your finding and see where we can go from there.

Kind regards
nashero

Post by nashero »

@fyew-jit-tiv

Thanks a lot for your response. I just checked the win10 device manager. It's got all the devices working, no greyed out usb's or HID's. At this moment the space pilot pro is working well. As soon as it acts out, I'll recheck the device manager.

best regards,
Naresh