Autocad, rotation center

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

sput

Autocad, rotation center

Post by sput »

hei,

how can i set a new rotation center in the Autocad? at the startup it will be setet automaticly. but sometimes i don't like this "automatic center" and i like to set a new one. but how can i do this?

regards

sput
ghannigan

Post by ghannigan »

I'm using Space Navigator with Arch Desktop (2004) so it may not apply to your setup.
When I open the 3D Connexion configuration panel, I can select either:
1. Rotate around drawing center.
2. Custom - enter coordinates or pick with the mouse.

George
sput

Post by sput »

Thats written in the 3d-Conexxion-Helpfile:

5.1 Set rotation point
---------------------
a. The default rotation point
While a file is newly open, the rotation point sets to the center of drawing by default.

b. The custom rotation point
While switching to "custom", the "pick" button gets enabled. Click on it, you will be prompted for picking a custom rotation point. Click any point on the drawing, this point will be new custom rotation point.

but sorry, maybe i'm to dumb, i don't know where i can switch to custom ore take the pick-function. how can i open the configuration-panel, where ist this mysterious configuration panel? i think thats not the same like the control-panel (icon in the systemtray) , because in the controlpanel is no one of this options possible. Im using AutoCad 2006
Ken Denton

Post by Ken Denton »

sput,
The configuration panel referred to by ghannigan is part of an older AutoCAD plug-in. It sounds like you are using the most current version of the plug-in for AutoCAD 2006.
The plug-in was changed again for AutoCAD 2007 and is great! For now I recommend you stay at the driver level you are using until you upgrade to AutoCAD 2007.
Ken Denton
3Dconnexion, Inc. A Logitech Company
Cavediver

Post by Cavediver »

Try typing in the command line

Code: Select all

3dx_config
hit enter. That should bring up a box with the custom / center radio buttons on the left side. Hit the button next to custom and the pick button becomes active. hit pick and then use your mouse to click on the new center. Once you pick your new center, hit exit and you're done.

I change centers a lot, so I set up my left side button (I'm using a Cadman) with a macro that will do this for me.