How do you position your hand on SpacePilot?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

astuntas

How do you position your hand on SpacePilot?

Post by astuntas »

I have been using Space Pilot with Solidworks for a few months now, and basically I like it. However, I can not find a very good position of my hand for rotation about X axis. I often move the model up/down or even zoom when trying to rotate about X. Rotation about other axis and other manipulations are easy and comfortable. But rotation about X axis requires my special attention, and almost repositioning my hand on the device. Does anybody else struggle with this? Maybe you have any advice on how to get used to it? I tried Dominant mode and it was fine at the beginning, but now it slows me down more than gives any good, so I disabled it.

I must emphasize that the problem is my input, I just don't control the joystick well. It's not something about the drivers or else.
astuntas

Re: How do you position your hand on SpacePilot?

Post by astuntas »

PS - I will append, that I use Pan/Zoom and Rotation for joystick. I thought I shall disable Pan/Zoom and try it for a few days, maybe it will help. I would like to ask other engineers - do you use Pan/Zoom for joystick, or is it disabled for your 3d modelling setup?
astuntas

Re: How do you position your hand on SpacePilot?

Post by astuntas »

Sorry, I expressed myself wrong - I meant not disabling pan/zoom completely, but only panning in vertical direction (the second tick-bar in Advanced settings). Is it enabled or disabled for 3d modelling in your engineering setup?

PS - This forum really need the "Edit post" button ...