Brand new Space Mouse Enterprise ONLY ZOOMS in composer

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

oliverb

Brand new Space Mouse Enterprise ONLY ZOOMS in composer

Post by oliverb »

well,

decided to upgrade from the old space pilot to a new enterprise because i have a metric ton of work to do on composer and the pilot was crashing it.

however...

works fine in all applications and works seamlessly in solidworks... mush better than my old pilot. but in compose ?? only the zoom works.. the default settings for composer are ONLY zoom.. tried altering them but nope doeasnt seem o register and i can only get zoom... and its a clunky one too like a 3 line mouse wheel zoom.

when im moving the mouse i also get the composer ico on the screen for zoom too... this cant be right surely..

anyone ? im pulling my hair out here
oliverb

Re: Brand new Space Mouse Enterprise ONLY ZOOMS in composer

Post by oliverb »

further info....

tried this on our second seat which also has composer....

followed the instal to the letter..

this is a completely separate machine...

EXACTLY the same problem !

what is going on... this problem is clearly not machine specific now
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello oliverb -

I have to ask about versions - which SolidWorks version , which 3DxWare version.

Your issue doesn't suggest an obvious cause so I am searching for what could be possible on 2 PCs. A component from the older software could be possible - but only if both have the same software install history.
Since there was a previous device, am I right in thinking there would have also been the older 3Dconnexion software installed before the current one ? The names are similar - 3DxSoftware for the older one and 3DxWare for the current - but the software is entirely different.

As with SolidWorks, it is important for Composer to be closed during the 3DxWare install. In 3Dconnexion Properties what is being shown as the application name ?
-------------
Barbara
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi oliverb,

unfortunately Dassault has integrated the support for the 3D mouse without making use of our SDK. This means that the support for the 3D mouse only works if NO driver is running. And it only works for older devices that were know when the integration was done. That means that our wireless devices and the new model - the SpaceMouse Enterprise - are not recognized by the Composer. :(
This is something 3Dconnexion cannot not change. Only the development team for the Composer at Dassault Systèmes can make that change. Please contact them and let them know that this problem needs to be fixed. You are not the only one!

If you have a feedback or if you have a bug number from them or if you have a contact we would very much appreciate of you share these details with us. You can send any related information in a PM to me if you want. (We are tracking the problem with our internal tracking number #6972).
BlakeW

Post by BlakeW »

UtaSH,
Are there any updates on this issue of the SpaceMouse Enterprise not working correctly in Composer? I am having the exact same issue as oliverb.
Thanks!
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello BlakeW,

I don't have any news. :( Have you reported this to Dassault?