3d mouse does not work on Skechup 2016?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

capetrozziello

3d mouse does not work on Skechup 2016?

Post by capetrozziello »

I have the SpaceNavigator for Notebooks and he works just fine on the trainer, but when i what to used on the Sketchup 2016 nothing happens. Anyone knows if a have to setup something on the skp?
Barbara

Re: 3d mouse does not work on Skechup 2016?

Post by Barbara »

Hello capetrozziello -

If you are using the current driver - 3DxWare 10.4.5 - close SketchUp and run the 3DxWare installer again.

If SketchUp 2016 was installed after the 3DxWare driver or if it was open when the 3DxWare driver was installed, it would not have been able to add the 3DxSketchUp extension.

If you are using an older driver you will need to uninstall it and install the current driver from the downloads page.
When you re-open SkecthUp you should find navigation working and see 3DxSketchup listed in the SketchUp Preferences > Extensions menu.
------------------------
Barbara
capetrozziello

Post by capetrozziello »

Hi Barbara!

I have installed the current drive as you say, and now the 3DxSketchup is listed in the preferences and extensions. But he still doesn´t work, do you know why?
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello capetrozziello -

Is 3DxSketchUp enabled in Extensions ? 3DxSketchUp should have a check mark next to it showing it is active.

In addition to the trainer and demos you should see navigation in web browsers. As you switch between 3DMouse-aware applications the profile in 3Dconnexion Properties changes. Hovering the standard mouse over the 3DxWare icon in the System Tray will also show the active profile.
----------
Barbara
capetrozziello

Post by capetrozziello »

Thank you soo much Barbara! now works! :o