SpacePilot Pro LCD display no longer works in driver 10.4.5

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

RPro

SpacePilot Pro LCD display no longer works in driver 10.4.5

Post by RPro »

I was running an older version (maybe it was 10.2.3?) on my SpacePilot Pro and everything was good.

However, after updating to 10.4.5 on my Windows 10 machine (which already has the anniversary update), the LCD apps do not run correctly. If I reboot the PC, sometimes they appear, sometimes they do not. This is very frustrating, especially when I rely on the Function Keys app to work! Unplugging the SpacePilot Pro from the USB port then plugging it back in does not work - a random app may appear, but often times no app will.

Out of desperation I can get it to work if I kill every process associated with 3Dconnexion and Logitech, then Start the driver. In particular, I have to use Task Manager to End Process these programs:

3DxLCD10SPPRO.exe <-- the Function key app I think
3dxnlserver.exe <-- no idea what this thing does, but I kill it anyways ... RSS Feed?
3dxpiemenus.exe
3DxProfileServer.exe
3DxService.exe <-- the driver
3DxVirtualLCD.exe
LCDMon.exe <-- is this the culprit too?

Whenever I unplug the spacepilot pro or reboot the PC, I usually have to kill the above to get it to work properly.
RPro

Re: SpacePilot Pro LCD display no longer works in driver 10.

Post by RPro »

More info:
3DxWare 10 version 10.4.5
3DxWinCore version 17.4.5.13275
SpacePilot PRO Firmware 4.11
RPro

Post by RPro »

I wonder if my GamePanel LCD Manager software is too old? The LGPBTDD driver is dated 7/1/2009 and is version 3.3.107.0.
RPro

Post by RPro »

Oh - I also use a Logitech G910 with it's associated software. I wonder if there is a conflict with the 10.4.5 driver/software...
RPro

Post by RPro »

Anyone else have a similar issue?
fyew-jit-tiv

Post by fyew-jit-tiv »

I sent the SPP back because of these problems 2 yrs ago. Shocking they still cant sort these problems out. I have the SMP now and the software still wont work correctly and this is with win 7, 8, 8.1 and win 10. who is responsible for moderating these forums? because you're not doing a good job at all, have you seen this viewtopic.php?f=25&t=16882 very unprofessonal, these posts have been on your site for over a week.

to the OP dont hold you breath for any answers because they wont come. when things get this bad usually this is a sign the company is about to fold. :oops:
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

RPro wrote:Oh - I also use a Logitech G910 with it's associated software. I wonder if there is a conflict with the 10.4.5 driver/software...
Hi RPro,

unfortunately the SpacePilot Pro is not compatible with the newer software for Logitech products. Our newest device - the SpaceMouse Enterprise - doesn't have this problem as the LCD is managed by the driver and not by the LCD Manager.
RPro

Post by RPro »

Is there a workaround? It does appear the LCD manager software that is being used is the old one for the Space Pilot Pro, but is not working properly. My G910 keyboard doesn't have an LCD display.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

This post might help you even it is from 2012 and the links to the drivers are not valid any more.
3d-labor.de

Post by 3d-labor.de »

Hello UtaSH,
I hope you see this late reply. You wrote: "unfortunately the SpacePilot Pro is not compatible with the newer software for Logitech products. Our newest device - the SpaceMouse Enterprise - doesn't have this problem as the LCD is managed by the driver and not by the LCD Manager."
Nethertheless I have an Logitec LCD Manager installed since I installed the SpaceMouse Enterprise. It is not listed in the Control Panel under Programs. But as I want to remove it in the explorer it was not possible while it is a running process. And it has an icon in the taskbar. If I open the the LCD Manager program window I can do nothing with it.
Can I remove this LCD Manager without influence to the SpaceMouse functionality?
Thanks!
Holger
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Do you have a SpacePilot Pro or the SpaceMouse Enterprise?

I recommend to install the latest driver - 3DxWare 10.4.8. This one doesn't install the LCD manager.