Display bug

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

takedownca

Display bug

Post by takedownca »

I've located a display bug with the SpacePilot. If any of the 6 custom buttons are assigned a function with a long name that uses the very right edge of the function display box, the display fails to clear the last column of pixels. For example, when I assign "Vertical Ordinate Dimension" the display will show "Vertical Ordinate Dime". If I then change the name displayed for that button by changing profiles, the display box retains a display artifact consisting of the last column column of pixels of the display box. In this example it retains the three pixels used in the rightmost pixel column of the letter "e" (see below). This isn't a big deal, but I would think it could easily be fixed in the next driver release.

_xxx_
x___x
xxxxx
x____
x___x
_xxx_
rstadie

Post by rstadie »

Thanks for your bugreport takedownca, I will try to reproduce this tomorrow. If its a bug and we are able to fix it, we will do that.

Code: Select all

-----------
|_) _ |_  _ ._ _|_  (_ _|_ _. _|o _ 
| \(_)|_)(/_|   |_  __) |_(_|(_||(/_ 
rstadie

Post by rstadie »

I have tested this issue with serveral SpacePilots - and they do not show this problem. Please send me a pm with your SerialNumber included.
Which driver-version do you use?
Robert Stadie
jwick

Post by jwick »

Make sure you upgrade to the latest driver before doing anything with the device.
takedownca

Post by takedownca »

The specific command that I see this on is the SolidWorks function "Vertical Ordinate Dimension". Depending on the specific sequence of letters, this doesn't happen with just any long label. It has to be a label that, after truncating to fit the display, has the last letter placed on the far right edge. It just seems like the textbox length used for truncating strings and the length used for clearing text are off by 1 pixel.