3Dconnexion Add-In for AutoCAD (2006)

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

dkrumwie

3Dconnexion Add-In for AutoCAD (2006)

Post by dkrumwie »

My company does not upgrade AutoCAD 2006. I have recently purchased a SpaceMouse Pro, which i love. I am trying to install the legacy driver for 2006 (3DxAutoCAD16_v3-2-9_win32.exe) on a Win7 64-bit laptop and I keep running into the error message "You have 1 running AutoCAD applications." , which I do not have running - according to the Task Manager and any software running. Is there a solution to installing this driver with the spacemouse pro?
Thank you.
Attachments
2016-06-10 15_28_25-.jpg
2016-06-10 15_28_25-.jpg (43 KiB) Viewed 4069 times
Barbara

Re: 3Dconnexion Add-In for AutoCAD (2006)

Post by Barbara »

Hello dkrumwie -

Legacy software like the 2006 add-in is provided "as is" - it is not being tested with current systems and devices.

The InstallShield error though, is one that is not specific to 3Dconnexion. The installer is detecting an AutoCAD process still running.

AutoCAD 2006 has a Communications Center process that runs in the background and does not close with AutoCAD. You would need to close it manually by ending the process in Task Manager [WSCommCntr1.exe or WSCommCntr2.exe].
--------------
Barbara
dkrumwie

Re: 3Dconnexion Add-In for AutoCAD (2006)

Post by dkrumwie »

Thank you for your reply, but there is no WSCommCntr1.exe, or WSCommCntr2.exe file; or any other cad process running. I even closed draftsight and PTC applications. I also went into the Services.msc and closed any application that I thought may even remotely have a bearing on this. No such luck.

It may be a network restriction or a registry setting. I'll keep on digging! Got to get the SpaceMouse Pro working on the antique AutoCAD. (It works on Draftsight.)
Thanks!