Spacemouse enterprise and Revit Context Sensitive functions

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

dimip

Spacemouse enterprise and Revit Context Sensitive functions

Post by dimip »

I have recently bought Space Mouse enterprise and in all the videos and review I saw, one of the main selling points was context-sensitive shortcuts, e.g. part and assembly in Solidworks/Inventor. The Product page of Space Mouse Enterprise says that this is also available on Revit, Autocad, and Rhino. However in, while editing a family or a mass, and checking in 3d Connexion Properties app, 3dxware does not pick up Revit-Family, Revit-Mass, etc. I feel it's a bit of false advetising. Am I missing something to have this work with Revit, Autocad, and Rhino, as shown on the promotional videos?

Cheers,
Dimitar
UtaSH

Re: Spacemouse enterprise and Revit Context Sensitive functi

Post by UtaSH »

Hi dimip,

I apologize if there is a misunderstanding. The context sensitive button mapping is available only in those applications where the plugin is from3Dconnexion and where the information in which mode you are is passed to the plugin. This is the case in Inventor, SOLIDWORKS, Creo, NX and Solid Edge.
guitarchitect

Re: Spacemouse enterprise and Revit Context Sensitive functi

Post by guitarchitect »

I, too, was blown away by the context-sensitive massing. And also sad that it's not supported in Revit.

Here's the thing - inventor and Revit function in virtually identical ways. It will not be difficult to adapt the Inventor functionality into Revit.

Whose responsibility would this be? Should we ask Autodesk to bring this functionality, or is it you guys that would develop the support? I'm happy to champion this - you could make this mouse a must-have device for millions of Revit users. I'm already blown away with how much the forward/backward buttons can accomplish with a few "universal" shortcuts I've made for myself. Without the context-sensitivity, any old gaming mouse would do...