CAD Mouse, Swap middle and right click.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

AUS_Wally

CAD Mouse, Swap middle and right click.

Post by AUS_Wally »

Hi Everyone.

Really enjoying the cad mouse, however almost ready to give up on it. Is there a way to globally swap the middle and right mouse click buttons. I understand that i can reassign the middle button to anything, but is there a way to able to assign anything on the far right button?

I have tried X-mouse button control and a couple of others without much luck.
UtaSH

Re: CAD Mouse, Swap middle and right click.

Post by UtaSH »

Hi AUS_Wally,

no, sorry. The right mouse button can not be changed. Why do you want to swap them? I use the CadMouse with the three fingers lying on the three buttons: fore finger on the left mouse button, middle finger on the middle mouse button and the ring finger on the right mouse button. That's the way how the CadMouse was designed for.
dimip

Post by dimip »

I would also like to see this functionality, as I use other mice as well on a regular basis, so I would like to swap the functions of the two buttons, so it would be great to add in 3dxWare the possibility to custom assign to the "right" mouse button as well
AUS_Wally

Post by AUS_Wally »

Hi UtaSH & dimip

If the functionality excited to swap them i think it would appeal to more users. Yes it is fantastic for auto 2d (5% of my time) i use it more then the spaceball great.! however in either inventor or solidworks (3d 95% of my time) i've been using my middle finger to right click for 10 years not my ring finger to right click.

Not only that, we've had a couple of these mice do the rounds at the office, guys that using cad since the industry started using it say exactly the same. Love the mouse, but can't change primary finger.

Everybody also uses explorer, chrome, office and many other programs. In some of the programs the middle button isn't used. I end up with two right click buttons. Kinda defeats the purpose.

The software side is fantastic, easy and simple to use. Is possible to request an addition customizable right click button to the menu as per the screenshot below?
Screen Shot.jpg
Screen Shot.jpg (34.54 KiB) Viewed 9356 times
Isarescu

Post by Isarescu »

AUS_Wally wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:14 pm Hi Everyone.

Really enjoying the cad mouse, however almost ready to give up on it. Is there a way to globally swap the middle and right mouse click buttons. I understand that i can reassign the middle button to anything, but is there a way to able to assign anything on the far right button?

I have tried X-mouse button control and a couple of others without much luck.
I would also love this functionality.