3Dx_KMJ_01 in devices and printers can't be unmounted

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

cncuser16

3Dx_KMJ_01 in devices and printers can't be unmounted

Post by cncuser16 »

I have another piece of software that doesn't like it when multiple controllers are plugged in and the only way I can get around this currently is by de-installing 3dxware everytime I want to use this software. Not an ideal solution so does anyone know anything?
Barbara

Re: 3Dx_KMJ_01 in devices and printers can't be unmounted

Post by Barbara »

Hello cncuser16 -

For software expecting a device to be Controller1 or Device1, the problem is usually not the presence of the KMJ Emulator but rather the HID Controller for it.

It is possible to turn off the driver [Start > All Programs > 3Dconnexion > Driver > Start Driver|Stop Driver] but you may also need to temporarily disable the HID controller.

To disable the HID Controller in Device Manager , click HID-compliant game controller , right click and select Properties. Choose Hardware ID on the Details tab and check that the ID contains '3DX' [ Human Interface Device | HID-compliant game controller |Properties | Driver |Disable]

Also , some software will recognize the 'Preferred Device' setting. In Win7 typing 'game' in the Start button Search brings up the Game Controllers window [Setup USB Game Controllers | Advanced | Preferred Device]
--------------
Barbara