3DxWarex64 10.4.3 r2328 not working

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Kit0

3DxWarex64 10.4.3 r2328 not working

Post by Kit0 »

I have updated recently to the version on title and I found that everytime I put my computer into sleep mode and wake up later on, my SpacePilot Pro stops working.
I have to stop manually on the task manager the process "3DxService.exe" and run again the startup entry to make it work as it should. This never happend before.
Barbara

Re: 3DxWarex64 10.4.3 r2328 not working

Post by Barbara »

Hello Kit0 -

There are some power settings that can keep the Space Pilot PRO from correctly resuming after sleep.

The driver is running but cannot communicate with the device if the power to its USB port is in 'USB selective suspend' [Advanced Power Plan options] or the USB Root Hub suspends power with 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'.

A manual workaround is to stop the driver before sleep mode and restart it after (Start -> All Programs -> 3Dconnexion -> Driver -> Start/Stop Driver).

This could happen with other driver versions but apparently in your case did not. Did you change from the 3DxSoftware driver or the previous 3DxWare version ?
-----------
Barbara
Kit0

Post by Kit0 »

That have not much sense considering it was working before the update. As I mentioned, its the service itself which causes the issue. I have also try to put the driver to work again and that doesnt works either. The only thing that works its to stop the mentioned process and run it over again. This doesnt happen on the version I was using before so I assume its a new bug introduced in this version. Not sure if could be in some older versions than the last one as I didnt update since january so any other software released after january could have the same issue as well.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Kit0,

can you explain in detail how exactly you are setting the computer to sleep and how you wake it up? E.g, suspension: power button, closing the lid; wake: moving the mouse, power button, etc. Also what type of machine: brand, desktop/laptop? Do you have to enter your password when returning from sleep?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello kit0,

we are working on this problem and I assume we will be able to provide a fix for this with the next driver release.
Kit0

Post by Kit0 »

I put it to sleep in a normal way just going to start menu and selecting sleep. I woke up just clicking a button of the mouse or keyboard. My computer it's a desktop custom made with an Asus sabertooth z97 motherboard. Actually I'm using the old version again because it's works after waking up.

Thanks for the future fix.