Space Mouse Pro autokey rotation bug (Maya)

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Natty

Space Mouse Pro autokey rotation bug (Maya)

Post by Natty »

Hi, after few years of having the Space mouse pro left on my desk without even plugged in, i've decided to give it a new try with the latest drives.

One of the reason i got this 300€ toy was to create camera movement in Maya to create camera animation in a smoother way.. This means, auto key option.

Now, here is the problem. When ever i use the autokey option, i have my camera movement completely messed up and not matching the actual movement i do..

This does happen everytime.. The actual animation, once i play it back, doesn't even start where i framed the camera at the beginning. It completely doesn't match the animation. Also it creates weird flipping of the camera ad if i rotated it -180 on one of its axes.

This very annoying bug doesn't occur (at least so far) if i lock the rotation of the space mouse and use only pan and zoom.

This is annoying considering that the only reason i got this mouse was for camera animation purpose and yet i couldn't use it once since maya 2013 (now using maya 2016 and having the same problem with every driver from the last 2 years and with every version of maya since maya 2012.. no, i'm not going back to maya 2012).

So my question is if there is anyone else having the same problem i am having, if it is a driver or a hardware problem.

I hope this post will find someone so kind to help me out.

Ps: i've tried with every single possibile combination of settings. The mouse works properly in the 3d view, but the autokey (rotation) just doesn't..

Any help?

Cheers,
Dan
Natty

Re: Space Mouse Pro autokey rotation bug (Maya)

Post by Natty »

Also, i'm having other bugs in maya due to the space mouse plugins.

For example, i can't use duplicate with transform function.

The moment i turn off the plugin from plugin manager, the function start working properly again..

please, fix this 300€ thing so i can use it with maya.. at the current state, it is just useless.. thanks

Dan