Pro/E Button Configurations - Old Menu

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

wingtipz

Pro/E Button Configurations - Old Menu

Post by wingtipz »

Running a SpaceMouse Pro on Pro/E WF4 M180. This week was given a new work computer and finally have pretty much everything up and running. Apparently the 3DxWare drivers have had quite an update since I last did an install. I'm currently running 3DxWare 10.3.0, 3DxProENGINEER 2.2.15327. I have no idea what I was running before, but something from early 2012. Anyway, configuring buttons seems to have changed, I'm used to seeing something the menu system in the attachment below:
Config.JPG
Config.JPG (57.04 KiB) Viewed 4096 times
Now it's an admittedly prettier looking window but with almost no ability to customize (below). I can't even move the Extrude...function from the 2 button to the 1 button if I want. Am I missing something, or did all of the previously available functions really disappear?
config_new.JPG
config_new.JPG (49.59 KiB) Viewed 4096 times
Barbara

Re: Pro/E Button Configurations - Old Menu

Post by Barbara »

Hello wingtipz -

In the 3DxWare driver the commands are assigned to buttons by clicking the right arrow at the end of each button field. The arrow opens a drop-down menu with the various button mapping categories. You can choose from the pre-defined commands or enter your own key combinations in the Macros section.

Once you click the right arrow that opens the command menus you should see the same ability to map buttons as in the older 3DxSoftware driver [your first screenshot].

New to the 3DxWare driver there is a Radial Menu category where you can map a radial menu to a button then choose a command for each of its 4 sections.
------------
Barbara
wingtipz

Post by wingtipz »

Barbara,

Thanks for the response. I can get into the button configuration for Pro/E just fine, it's just that there isn't much of anything useful in the menus. For example, in part mode I'd expect to see things like chamfer, round, hole, etc.. What I see when in there is below:
Config_part.jpg
Config_part.jpg (139.85 KiB) Viewed 4082 times
There is only a Markup section under Creo Parametric. There's really nothing useful like was in the old version of the driver. Am I missing something?
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello wingtipz -

You are right to expect to see a full list of commands.

Is Pro/E running from a server rather than the local PC? If so, the changes in this FAQ are needed for the 3DxProE add-in to communicate with it.

If Pro/E is running on the local PC and the older driver [3DxSoftware] was installed there previously, there could be components from the older driver present.
Following the steps here with the driver stopped and Pro/E closed will clear the profiles.
---------
Barbara