3D SpaceExplorer CREO 2.0

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

AlexComsa

3D SpaceExplorer CREO 2.0

Post by AlexComsa »

Hey.
I have a problem. When i open, or model new parts/assemblies they rotate by some random axis outside the part perimeter and it's very difficult to position and view. Is there an option to set this axis of rotation? The annoying thins is that this happens randomly and it's hard for me to find a pattern.
I remember that in Solid Edge and SolidWorks i had an add-in that enabled me to select a point,axis of rotation.
My operating system is win 7 64 bit.
Barbara

Re: 3D SpaceExplorer CREO 2.0

Post by Barbara »

Hello Alex -

In Creo 2 the center of rotation is called the 'Spin Center' and is part of the application. SolidEdge and SolidWorks use a 3Dconnexion add-in for navigation so the rotation center is controlled in the 3Dconnexion add-in. Creo 2 provides built-in navigation for the Space Explorer so all of the navigation options are set inside the Creo software.

The Creo 2 rotation center [Spin Center] is selected with the standard mouse in the same way it would be if the Space Explorer were not being used . The Space Explorer uses the Spin Center it finds set within Creo.

In the Creo 2 UI there is an option for Spin Center > Automatic Spin Center. Check whether Automatic Spin Center is enabled - that tells the application to calculate the the point to use as the Spin Center. With Automatic Spin Center disabled, you would select the Spin Center manually with the standard mouse.
Barbara
AlexComsa

Re: 3D SpaceExplorer CREO 2.0

Post by AlexComsa »

Hey Barbara.
Thank you for you fast and very comprehensive reply.
I managed to find the "spin center" and once activated everything worked perfectly. I now know what i was doing wrong. First when i was opening a part i was rotating it with my mouse clicking somewhere outside the perimeter of the model without the "spin center" command activated and this was setting my spin center way outside the zone of interest and after that if i used my 3D Space Explorer it was rotating my part like crazy.
But now thanks to you i know. I really appreciate you help. I will make my work way easier.
I've uploaded a photo so others in my situation can find the answer.
Attachments
Spin_center.jpg
Spin_center.jpg (139.11 KiB) Viewed 4143 times