Second Life, Firestorm Viewer support

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

sheriblonde18

Second Life, Firestorm Viewer support

Post by sheriblonde18 »

Hello,

I'm trying to use Window 10 64bit , and Firestorm 4.7.7 64 bit windows.

How do I set up the Space Navigator?
Tehrasha

Re: Second Life, Firestorm Viewer support

Post by Tehrasha »

I have only ever used it with the default SL viewer, but I would assume like this--> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/joystick
Spacemice -- Input devices for a 3D world.
sheriblonde18

Post by sheriblonde18 »

I have only ever used it with the default SL viewer, but I would assume like this--> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/joystick
This^^^ doesn't work.
How do you get the Space Navigator to work with firestorm 4.7.7 and the new SN drivers v 10.
Kayjay

Post by Kayjay »

I use SpacemousePro Wireless with Firestorm 4.7.7, this fix will do for the Navigator too but it's messy and you have to dig into a WIndows a little, follow this link
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Joystick_Flycam

Scrolldown to where the subheading is Nathan Zetkin - Space Mouse wireless - 3DxWare v10.0.19 - Windows 7 64 bit and follow his instructions directly. When you edit the joysticktemplate.xml (it changed its name in v.10 software) you should change the secondlifeviewer.exe to firestormOS-viewer.exe and the same for the .ico files.

If you are using 32 bit windows it will still work but the folder that joysticktemplate.xml is in has 32 at the end of it's name rather than 64, obvious really but best I mention it.

I've uploaded my replacement for joysticktemplate.xml called firestormviewer.xml for you, just unrar it and then drop it into C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxWinCore32\Cfg or if you have 64bit find the folder with 3DxWinCore64\cfg and drop it in that. I had to rar it as the forum wouldn't let me upload an .xml file as it stood.

Read the rest of the instructions carefully, it's actually quite easy to do, you probably won't be able to disable the 3Dconnexion KMJ Emulator so just leave it and in mine the other one to find was called HID-compliant game controller just right click and select properties thenin the box thatopens select the details tab then drop the Property bar, it will probably be labelled Device Description, a long list will open, choose the second option from the top, Hardware ID's and the top line should match the number quoted to look for.Once you're happy you've found it disable the driver on the Driver tab and you're done with the messy bit.Next open up Firestorm go to Prefs\MoveandView\Movements\Joystick Configuration and set the rest of the details shown in the posting after that you should be good to go.

I also reduce the speed to minimum in the Spacemouse software properties page to make control of the av a little slower and smoother.
Attachments
FirestormViewerxml.rar
(1.63 KiB) Downloaded 565 times
sheriblonde18

Post by sheriblonde18 »

Thanks so much for your help, But I still have not gotten the 3Dconnexion navigator working.

I'm unsure about how to disable the Human Interfaces Device>3Dconnexion KMJ Emulator

When I got to:

Device Manager>Human Interfaces Device>3Dconnexion KMJ Emulator>Properties>Details>Property>Hardware IDs>

I get

{FDDD50EC-FBF4-4507-97B6-5F56D7548692}\HID_DEVICE

What do I do with this? How do I use this to disable the KMJ Emulator?

I'm on Windows 10 Pro (anniversay edition update installed)
I use firestorm 4.7.9
sheriblonde18

Post by sheriblonde18 »

I found an HID-compliant game controller with
HID\3DXMJ_HIDMINI&Col03
and disabled it.
sheriblonde18

Post by sheriblonde18 »

Yah!! It seems to work!!

Now I just have to figure out how to walk around and what to program the buttons to do!!

Thank you so much for your help!

Any suggestions on what to program the left and right buttons to do?
sheriblonde18

Post by sheriblonde18 »

Had some more problems with the space Navigator. Had to re-calibrate it. It works now. Not sure how it got out of calibration
sheriblonde18

Post by sheriblonde18 »

I set up the right (thumb) button for Flycam.

Suggestions on what to set up the other button for?
What did you set your buttons up for?
luke.johnson

Post by luke.johnson »

Thanks I have reposted these steps at http://whatrevitwants.blogspot.com.au/2 ... lator.html
pdofak

Post by pdofak »

Certainly Flycam belongs on a button. I run the Space Nav with left hand because it is useful to use arrow keys at the same time. i.e. you can walk forward and walk in an arc by turning the Space Nav.
Flycam toggle is Alt Shift F.

The other button is useful for turning the UI on/off if you are shooting video. Or for voice, either toggle or PTT. Or any other use you think handy!

Have fun!