SpacePilot Pro and SolidWorks 2016 - She No Work!

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

tomyspitfire

Re: SpacePilot Pro and SolidWorks 2016 - She No Work!

Post by tomyspitfire »

This may be have been an unrelated coincidence, but I had to install the windows driver kit to help fix a visual studio problem I having and low and behold my space navigator started running again which was a welcome side effect.

That was the Windows 10 WDK v1511 . I have no idea what it is, but my IT guy said to install it. Perhaps do your own research on it before installing anything, but just thought I would share in case it proved to be the answer for anyone else.
ctrev21

Post by ctrev21 »

I'll be interested to see if your issue is resolved Tom. My level of frustration with this product and this company is getting beyond control. I got two people emailing me asking me to do the same thing over and over again as illustrated above. You got two things going for you, you see the 3D Control under SW and your navigator screen at least calls out SW. Mine doesn't have the 3D control on it and neither SW under the tool itself. Sometime I get IE Explorer other times my sticky not application is under it.
Hope you have better luck with this than I've has so far. It's obvious to me that I feel like a beat tester for them and that incompetence with their employees is very high on my list.
ctrev21

Post by ctrev21 »

As expected, after contacting my VAR (Value Added Retailer) in regards to third party hardware I was told that they do not deal with 3D Connexion Hardware and to contact them for resolution. In other words, stop buying crap that doesn't work. What a joke.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello ctrev21,

I apologize for the problems you have with the installation. We need the log files from the installation to determine what exactly is going wrong. Here is how to create them. Once you have the log file please send them to me.

If an installation fails very often the reason is that the deinstallation was not finished properly. Or perhaps registry keys that are needed for the installer were deleted.

If you have any leftovers from a previous driver installation that cannot be removed (or overwritten) by the installation of the actual driver we need to determine which was that driver. Then uninstall any driver that is currently installed. Install that older version. Reboot. Uninstall the driver again. Reboot again. Then install the latest version of the driver. That would be the proper procedure. Sorry, if this sounds complicated, but I am confident that we can solve the problem on your machine.
ctrev21

Post by ctrev21 »

Good for you Tom, I'm on Windows 7 pro 64 bit so I guess I'm out of luck on trying that.
ctrev21

Post by ctrev21 »

I will try to create the log files for you Uta. Last time I tried it the commands did not produce any results. I would not call myself a command line expert but will post a picture of my results if it fails again. Thanks.
tomyspitfire

Post by tomyspitfire »

Hmmm...

Looks like it might have been a coincidence after all. Back to not working this morning which makes it particularly frustrating as I now know it is sporadic in operation. Any ideas for what else I might try? Sorry to hear about the troubles ctrev. Hope something comes of the log file investigation.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

tomyspitfire wrote:Hmmm...

Looks like it might have been a coincidence after all. Back to not working this morning which makes it particularly frustrating as I now know it is sporadic in operation. Any ideas for what else I might try? Sorry to hear about the troubles ctrev. Hope something comes of the log file investigation.
Hello tomyspitfire,

what is the exact version of your SOLIDWORKS?

The driver is started when you login so it is running with the rights of the logged in user. Are you starting SOLIDWORKS with different privileges, for example "Run as Administrator"?
ctrev21

Post by ctrev21 »

I just wanted to say that Uta has been helping me with my issue and she is doing a fabulous job of trying to pinpoint the problem I'm having. It's definitely a learning experience on my part with this mouse. We take it for granted that sometime things should just work but sometimes they don't and if people like her were not around to help it would be a shame.

thank you again Uta as we work on this issue, Its good to know that we're not forgotten.
willeo6709

Post by willeo6709 »

what does it mean if I can't generate a log file using the instructions on the link? keeps telling me not a recognized operable program or batch file.

you guys get your issues resolved? because I am having trouble in solidworks 2016 sp2.0 only.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Thanks, ctrev21,

I am glad we were able to solve the issue on your machine. :-)
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

willeo6709 wrote:what does it mean if I can't generate a log file using the instructions on the link? keeps telling me not a recognized operable program or batch file.

you guys get your issues resolved? because I am having trouble in solidworks 2016 sp2.0 only.
Hello willeo6709,

see if adding .exe right after the name of the installer solves the issue:

Code: Select all

3DxWare64_v10-3-0_r2161.exe /c:"3DxWare64 /a /z'/logpath=c:\temp'"
willeo6709

Post by willeo6709 »

I will try it again but all I will say is you guys should be doing online meetings and doing the typing yourself on this kind of stuff.

my issue is far from resolved......
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello willeo6709,

let me know if you were successful with generating the log files.
ruhal@4moms.com

Post by ruhal@4moms.com »

This may be a way to get the SpacePilot to work.
Stop the driver, then hover over the start driver icon and right mouse click, select more, then pick run as administrator.
Now try!
I got both my new and ancient spacepilot pros to work in SW2015 with driver 10.3.0

Best of luck :mrgreen: