Spacemouse over Teamviewer

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Jane S

Spacemouse over Teamviewer

Post by Jane S »

I have a two computers set up with a teamviewer connection (running Windows 8.1 / 7). I have a Spacemouse connected to both machines. How can I set up the Spacemouse devices so that using the Spacemouse on the local machine, I can control, zoom, rotate etc my CAD model on the remote machine ?
I have seen some posts regarding use of 3dConnexion devices over Windows Remote Desktop, however due to our internet speed and possible other issues, the teamviewer connection is much more reliable.
ironfist293

Re: Spacemouse over Teamviewer

Post by ironfist293 »

Jane S wrote:I have a two computers set up with a teamviewer connection (running Windows 8.1 / 7). I have a Spacemouse connected to both machines. How can I set up the Spacemouse devices so that using the Spacemouse on the local machine, I can control, zoom, rotate etc my CAD model on the remote machine ?
I have seen some posts regarding use of 3dConnexion devices over Windows Remote Desktop, however due to our internet speed and possible other issues, the teamviewer connection is much more reliable.
Hi i'm also looking to make a similar set up and searching for a way to do this. I'll keep an eye on this thread till then. Can you also share your results if you happen to find a solution first? Thanks!
merritt.andrewt

Post by merritt.andrewt »

Just responding so I can get a notification when an answer is posted
ui670

Post by ui670 »

Did anyone solve this problem?
Addison

Post by Addison »

I am currently using spacemouse pro with Teamviewer remoting into a computer at another location and not able to control the 3D model on the remote computer. Does anyone have a fix for this issue?
luping

Post by luping »

Addison wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:13 am I am currently using spacemouse pro with Teamviewer remoting into a computer at another location and not able to control the 3D model on the remote computer. Does anyone have a fix for this issue?
Check out VirtualHere, one port forward is free.