SpaceMouse Pro + SW 2016 - Losing configurations, etc...

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

DC Ross

SpaceMouse Pro + SW 2016 - Losing configurations, etc...

Post by DC Ross »

I recently upgraded to SolidWorks 2016 from 2014, and upgraded the 3Dconnexion software, and am now having a few different issues:

1. The button configurations that I set in the control panel are either no longer available, or being saved. Whenever I close and re-open SW, practically all of the buttons are "Unavailable"

2. There seems to be a couple missing functions as well, such as Roll Right and the Lock Rotation.

3. The Tools Tree in the Button Mapping - Assembly Mode window is blank.

I can provide additional info and screenshots if necessary.

Thanks,
DCR
DC Ross

Re: SpaceMouse Pro + SW 2016 - Losing configurations, etc...

Post by DC Ross »

Update: Choosing the Button Mapping option in the Popup menu in SW doesn't reflect the current configuration, and overwrites the current configuration, as well as deleting any custom functions.
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello DC Ross -

First I want to check the driver version showing in 3Dconnexion Properties under 'About.' It should be 3DxWare 10.3.0

In the 3DxWare driver the toolbar options and button mapping have all been moved into the 3Dconnexion Properties window.

The SolidWorks add-in no longer uses the 3DControl toolbar or a pop-up to open button assignments. The Tools->Add-Ins list should still have 3DControl checked in both boxes . The window with Button Mapping - Assembly Mode is part of the older editor that is no longer used.

In 3Dconnexion Properties you should see 'Advanced' and 'Buttons' . The navigation functions that were in the 3DControl toolbar are now in the 'Advanced' window. In the 'Buttons' window each button field has a right-arrow for the drop-list that includes the SolidWorks commands.

The older driver series [3DxSofware] used a different type of configuration file so button mapping profiles are not able to be continued to the new driver series [3DxWare] which uses .xml profiles. Changing to the 3DxWare driver you will need to initially re-create your button mapping.

Let us know if what you are seeing is different. Once you are using the new 3DxWare locations you should find the same options you were used to in other versions.
------------
Barbara
DC Ross

Post by DC Ross »

Thanks Barbara,

The driver version listed in the 3Dconnexion Properties is 6.17.7, even though I just installed the latest version (through the Tools/Update Wizard).

3DControl is checked in the Add-ins (listed as v 2.24.3)
In SW, Tools/3D Control/Properties/About, the version listed is 2.24.3.9394.

It seems I'm definitely seeing something different in the 3Dconnexion Properties.

Thanks,
DCR
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello DC Ross -

6.17.7 is the Release Version for the V3.17 3DxSoftware driver - which will not work with SolidWorks 2016.

Rather than using the Update Wizard , since this is an entirely different driver series, you will need to close SolidWorks and uninstall the existing 3DxSoftware driver. Save the 3DxWare driver from the downloads page - 3DxWare 10 for Windows - then install it.

When you re-open SolidWorks, check Tools > AddIns to see that 3DControl is enabled then open 3Dconnexion Properties. It should show 'SolidWorks' at the top and have the navigation options in Advanced and the SolidWorks commands in the drop-down menu in Buttons.
------------
Barbara
DC Ross

Post by DC Ross »

Thanks Barbara, that worked. I really appreciate the quick replys as well