SpacePilot Pro unwanted actions

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

dabad531

SpacePilot Pro unwanted actions

Post by dabad531 »

I use my 3D mouse for animation work. Mostly for navigation ATM. For some reason, my mouse started keying and moving the time slider every time I touch the dial. It didn't do that before, and I haven't changed any settings since then. Can anyone help me turn this off or figure this out? Thanks!
UtaSH

Re: SpacePilot Pro unwanted actions

Post by UtaSH »

Calibrate the device: right click to the 3Dconnexion icon in the system tray, select "Calibrate" and follow the instructions.
dabad531

Post by dabad531 »

Thanks for the help Utash, but this didn't work. :(
Tehrasha

Post by Tehrasha »

I would assume that whichever animation software you are using has keyboard shortcuts to perform the functions you are seeing occur. And that the SpacePilot is probably performing those key presses.

See what is in the 3dxware settings for your program, and turn off any offending presets.
If no profile exists for that piece of software, create one without the offending settings.
Spacemice -- Input devices for a 3D world.
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello dabad531-

For applications like Maya ,3DsMax and Softimage there is an 'Autokey Animation' option that moves the slider .

What's the application you are using ? If it is one with an 'Autokey Animation' option you would disable it in 3Dconnexion Properties - Advanced.
------------
Barbara