Driver for Coreldraw

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

gerrit.lucht

Driver for Coreldraw

Post by gerrit.lucht »

Hi
Im using Corel Draw very often and sometimes I think its will be great when my 3d Mouse are working with Corel.
Have anybody an idea how I can use the mouse with this programm? Is there a driver at the 3d connexion page?
Thanks for help

Greetz

Gerrit Lucht
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Dear gerrit.lucht

I currently don't find Corel Draw listed as an application that takes advantage of our 3D Input Devices. If you can imagine an addition to their user interface that would add value to their application, I would encourage you to contact the software developers and share with them your thoughts and desires for them to incorporate use of our 3D Mice with their applications.

We provide a free API, Application Programmer's Interface, on our web site, to make it easy for them to incorporate input signals from our devices into their software applications.

Sincerely,
Bryan
thchang

Post by thchang »

yes i also hope they can support corel draw and corel painter

There's a magazine review saying that the cons about 3dconnextion product is that they don't support corel painter, i think there is a huge market for corel painter users
Aristos

Post by Aristos »

Any news about Corel Painter and the SpaceNavigator

the most cool think I say that is the rotation of the image (when you draw it your temporary rotating to have it in good position) , something that I do not see it even in Photoshop.

This rotation of the image I do not find not even a short cut to assign it.

Any ideas if there is any way to make this work ?
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Dear thchang,

We don't control the source code for Corel Draw nor for Corel Painter. Their developers decide what they want their applications to do: Where they draw their input from. What their output will consist of what. The Design of their User Interface.
We are simply manufacturers of an input device that they may make use of, if they wish. That is why it is important for you to contact them and let them know what changes you would like to see them make in their applications, as you are a paying customer of theirs.
We'd love to see them make use of the input of our devices in their applications, but we have no way to force this use. It is a sole decision of the application developers.

Sincerely,
Bryan
The more things change, the more they remain the same. ; ^ )
Loki

Post by Loki »

Aristos wrote:the most cool think I say that is the rotation of the image (when you draw it your temporary rotating to have it in good position) , something that I do not see it even in Photoshop.
Adobe Photoshop 12.1 does have the ability to temporarily rotate the view of the canvas (not the actual image itself) while working. It's called the "Rotate View Tool" and R is the default hotkey for it.

I came here today to see if anyone had mentioned the obviousness of using the knob to rotate the canvas in this way. Even if I select the tool first, the 3d mouse does nothing with it. What would be great is if twisting the knob did rotate the canvas, but without having to select the tool first so one could paint while rotating on the fly. Would this be possible with the plugin?

Speaking of the 3DxPhotoshop plugin, has anyone else noticed it keeps complaining about not having a hotkey assigned even when you do? This message has become quite annoying to see every time I run Photoshop.
Loki

Post by Loki »

One more thing regarding Photoshop; the Wacom Intuos4 is able to rotate the canvas using the touch wheel, so it should be possible to do so with a 3dx mouse. I can't use the beta drivers yet (no support), but for now I can pan and zoom. Paired with those, rotating the canvas just seems like a no brainer to me. Perhaps this is possible in the beta already?