Solidworks 2008 sp0.0 and SpacePilot

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

mx2street

Solidworks 2008 sp0.0 and SpacePilot

Post by mx2street »

I'm using the most current 3DConnexion drivers (3.4.2) and my spacepilot's top, left, front and right commands are not working. they don't even work when I map them to other buttons. The buttons all still work fine in SW2007 but there's no support for 2008 yet. Any fixes would be greatly appreciated.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi mx2street,

This is an known issue that has been fixed in Release 3.5. It will be possible to download the software in a matter of days.

After installing the update, it may be necessary to reset the assigned command to their defaults (for each loaded environment, open the Button Mapping panel in SolidWorks and press the "Default" button).
Nuno Gomes
mx2street

Post by mx2street »

Thanks for the updates. I'll be checking back in to see when 3.5 is ready for download.
mx2street

Post by mx2street »

I've downloaded and installed 3.5.5 and it fixed T,L,F and R. The only issue left is that it still doesn't pass all of the view keys to Solidworks. Bottom, iso and normal-to still do not work.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

mx2street wrote:Bottom, iso and normal-to still do not work.
Have you tried to remap the commands? Open the add-in's "Button Mapping" panel in SolidWorks and reassign the buttons you'd like to use these commands with.
mx2street

Post by mx2street »

I was able to map normal-to (ctrl+8) to the 'fit' button and after restarting solidworks it works. But I'm still unable to map iso/bottom/etc views on one of the top 6 buttons.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi mx2street,

Do you have any of the "iso/bottom" commands on a toolbar? The add-in can only use commands available on toolbars. Try the following:

1) Using a toolbar, check that you can change to the view to "iso" and other views;
2) Open the add-in "Button Mapping", select the category with the same name as the toolbar and assign one of those commands to a button.
3) Close the panel and check if the button now activates the correct command and the view changes as expected.
C2C_Dave

??

Post by C2C_Dave »

I can't even get mine to install. I've posted up in a new topic to keep the issues separated. I'm not sure how you got THIS far....
mx2street

Post by mx2street »

It works! I didn't have the 'standard views' toolbar open since in SW2008 it's integrated into the workspace. You guys may want to update your release notes or post something somewhere that mentions the toolbar with the target mapping has to be active. Once I turned on the standard view toolbar every button I map works now.

Thanks for all of your help.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

mx2street wrote:You guys may want to update your release notes
Will make a note, yes.

We are working with SolidWorks to get this limitation eliminated. This, unfortunately, requires significant changes to the SolidWorks API.