Space Pilot and 3dsMax 9 problems

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Dee Stringer

Space Pilot and 3dsMax 9 problems

Post by Dee Stringer »

I purchased a Space Pilot a few weeks ago and haven
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Dear Dee Stringer,

If you open the '3Dconnexion Control Panel" and go to the 'Help" menu and the 'About ..' item. What version of 3DxSoftware do you find listed there?

Sincerely,
Bryan
Dee Stringer

Post by Dee Stringer »

Hi Bryan,

In the 3dsMax Control Panel it shows 3DxStudio 4.4

In the 3dxConnexion Control Panel the versions are:
Release Version 3.4.2
Driver Version 6.4.4
Firmware Version 3.12
Device Type: Space Pilot
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi Dee Stringer,

You have the lasted version of our software for 3ds Max 9.

We do not have reports of our devices causing the sort of display problems as you reported. The problem is not observable on our own systems.

The symptoms that you describe are consistent with a graphic driver issue or an application option for those same drivers.

At this stage, I can only suggest you to upgrade to the latest driver version for you graphic card and check if changing some of the display properties in the application have an influence.
Nuno Gomes
Dee Stringer

Post by Dee Stringer »

Thanks, ngomes
For the response.
I do have the latest drivers offered from Dell for my system.
I could install the vendor drivers but not without losing some function keys as I understand it. Granted the upgrade may be an acceptable trade off.
Could you perhaps offer some guidelines as to necessary graphics card settings for my type of card or at least the general settings that are being used on your systems that you use to check for symtoms such as mine.

Thanks again for the response. I realize you folks have many issues to persue in a given days time and sometimes someone may fall through the cracks.

Best regards,
Dee
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi Dee Stringer,
Could you perhaps offer some guidelines as to necessary graphics card settings for my type of card
I do not have much to offer, unfortunately. I believe drivers from nVidia have pre-configured settings for well known application (3ds Max being one of them). Try looking on the "Display Properties" panel "advanced" settings.