Space Pilot Quit working

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Pigworthy

Space Pilot Quit working

Post by Pigworthy »

Not sure what is going on. But this morning when I started my system, my space pilot will no start up. It does nothing. I've plugged it into another system to see if it at least would do something there, but nothing. The systems don't see it, and when you plug it in (USB), it doesn't light up or anything.

Any suggestions? :(
Fred

Post by Fred »

Try the following steps if the device is still not being detected the device may need to be replaced.
Contact Tect support

You can try the below steps:

Full uninstall and reinstall process for Windows XP, Windows XP 64, Windows Vista 32 and Vista 64:

Before proceeding make sure they or their IT administrator are logged in with full admin privileges.

1) Download the latest driver from the 3DConnexion website and save it to an easy to access location such as the desktop.

2) Uninstall the current driver through the Add/Remove programs. Then make sure the 3DConnexion folder in C:\Program Files is deleted and purged from the Recycle Bin.

3) Navigate to C:/Documents and Settings/your profile/Application Data or C:/Documents and Settings/admin/Application Data/ and delete the 3DConnexion folder there and be sure that it is also purged from the Recycle Bin. Check both locations to be sure.

NOTE: on Vista machines the paths to the profiles will be found in C:/Users/your profile/AppData or C:/Users/admin/AppData/.

4) Under the 'Start' button and 'Run' type in 'regedit' and hit OK to bring up the Registry Editor. It is strongly recommended that a backup of the registry be made first by right clicking on the My Computer icon in the left panel of the Registry Editor and selecting 'export'. Title it something like Registry Backup and point it to an easy to access location like the desktop. Once the backup is complete there are 2 registry entries to remove:

Under the branches