ProductView and SpacePilot

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Dustin Neifer

ProductView and SpacePilot

Post by Dustin Neifer »

We use several versions of ProductView from PTC for visualization of CAD drawings and models.

Those client types include ProductView Express (e.g. PVX) which runs in a web browser, ProductView Lite (for previewing files in the embedded browser for Pro/E or in Windchill), ProductView Standard Edition (SE) (e.g the "thick" client), etc.

To date our attempts at getting a SpacePilot controller to manipulate content in any of those applications have been unsuccessful.

Any hints/pointers? Or are we SOL as it relates to anything branded ProductView?

Thanks in advance.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Dear Mr. Neifer,

Currently I do not find Product View listed on our Current List of Applications that use our devices.

We encourage you to contact the software developers and share with them your thoughts and desires for them to incorporate use of our 3D Mice with their applications. We provide a free API, Application Programmer's Interface, on our web site, to make it easy for them to incorporate input signals from our devices into their software applications.

Sincerely,
Bryan G.
Dustin Neifer

Post by Dustin Neifer »

At the bottom of the table on this page:

http://www.3dconnexion.com/solutions/ca ... up_app.php

... "Windchill ProductView" is listed.
ngomes

Re: ProductView and SpacePilot

Post by ngomes »

Hi Dustin Neifer,
Any hints/pointers? Or are we SOL as it relates to anything branded ProductView?
I wouldn't go that far but it is true that not all "ProductView" app support 3D mice.

The list on our web site refers to "Windchill ProductView" for Windows which is a stand-alone application.

In these cases, we suggest our customers to contact the editor of the applications. We also appreciate that you post back here any information you receive from them for the benefit of other users of the same apps.
Nuno Gomes
Dustin Neifer

Post by Dustin Neifer »

Since "stand-alone application" was mentioned in your reply; I equate what 3Dconnexion is referring to in your list of supported applications as "Windchill ProductView" to what PTC refers to as "ProductView Standard Edition (SE)".

PTC's data sheet for that product can be found here:

http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/52161/en/ ... _FINAL.pdf

The PTC part number for that application is WNP-2418-F.

If 3Dconnexion and PTC are referring to the same application then great because that's what we’re after. I have more than a couple hundred of licenses of that product in my portfolio.

We are currently using ProductView SE 8.1.10 in production.

How do we get our SpacePilot controllers to work with "Windchill ProductView"? They don't work OOTB with 3DxWare and there doesn't appear to be a supplemental add-in/plug-in available for that particular application ...