Spacepilot not working in Windows Pro x64

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Pigworthy

Spacepilot not working in Windows Pro x64

Post by Pigworthy »

Hello everyone. I just go a Spacepilot and I run windows 32 and 64 bit. Everthing is good in the 32bit but in the 64bit the driver installed but it doesn't work properly.

On the demo programs, The Cube 3d demo works great. But the Chicken one doesn't.

The more major problem is that it's not working with my Cad software, Topsolid. It looks like graphically it's trying to do something, but nothing is happening. Then every once it awhile, the view will Snap to a totally different view. Everything works fine in 32bit. I thought it might be the 64bit version of my software is the problem, but only one of the demo programs works properly. So it must be something else.

Any suggestions?
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Dear Pigworthy,

It would be unusally that one demo would work but not the other. Exactly what behavior are you experiencing in the Chicken Demo?

What version of 3DxSoftware do you have installed?

What version of TopSolid are you using?

What system resources do you have?
Processor?
Processor Speed?
RAM?

What size TopSolid Files are you working with?
Do you observe the same behavior with all TopSolid Files or do you find different sizes make a difference?

What are the system requirements that your version of TopSolid requires?
Is your version of TopSolid designed for 64 bit operating system?

Sincerely,
Bryan G.
Pigworthy

Post by Pigworthy »

Thanks Bryan for you reply.

I was incorrect about the demos. They all do work. I had my sensitivity set really low. I'm thinking know that something is up with Topsolid.

Driver is 3.4.2

I had a Spaceball 5000 hooked up and it worked fine. When I got the Spacepilot I updated the driver and hooked it up and it doesn't work with the software.
Marcellus

Spacepilot does not work properly with X64

Post by Marcellus »

I have the same problem, that the spacepilot ist not running correctly under WinXP Professional X64.
Driver 3-4-2

I can use the buttons to do some orientations or use the functions, but I can not rotate, zoom and move with the cap. I use Pro/Engineer Wildfire 2.0.

Anyone knows a solution ?
jwick

Post by jwick »

Marcellus,

PTC didn't release support for 3Dx devices on x64 until Wildfire 3.0.

Pigworthy,

This sounds familiar. Try increasing the scale in the GUI while running Topsolid. It may just be producing number that are too low for Topsolid to recognize.
Marcellus

Post by Marcellus »

Now, Spacepilot is running correctly under WinXP Professional X64 using Pro/Engineer Wildfire 2.0.

The solution for me (hopefully for you also) is to change the Plug-In during setup.

Instead using the "3Dconnexion Plug-In for Pro/Engineer (x64)" I tried out
"3Dconnexion Plug-In for Pro/Engineer" (the 32bit version) and deselecting the x64 Plug-In.
It works now!

But the x64 Driver is buggy !
jwick

Post by jwick »

Are you running 32-bit ProE on x64?
Marcellus

Post by Marcellus »

No, we are running 64bit Pro/E.