Spaceball 5000 in NX 5

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

imadunatic

Spaceball 5000 in NX 5

Post by imadunatic »

I am having trouble getting my "button mapping editor" to work in NX 5, the buttons are not greyed out in the 3DXNX toolbar and I can open it, however I cannot assign anything in it, all of the spaces on the right side of the screen are missing, I know what they should look like as it occasionally works, however I can no longer assign buttons through NX. Just curious if there is a fix to this. It's really annoying that my generic 3Dxware will suddenly erase all of my programmed buttons at free will. I have full ADMIN rights,
Release Version 3.4.2
Driver Version 6.4.4
Firmware Version 2.23
Windows XP SP2
Unigraphics NX 5.0.1.4
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi imadunatic

What do you mean by writing:
all of the spaces on the right side of the screen are missing
?
agoenczi
imadunatic

Post by imadunatic »

When I open my "3Dx Button Mapping Editor"
I have "Command Categories", "Available Commands", and "Button Mapping". The button mapping section will not have the spaces that you drag the commands to set your buttons. They are non-existant. I have found a work around though, I just have to stop and then restart the Driver after I boot NX5.

I cannot get this to replicate on a consistant basis. But it appears that re-booting the driver fixes most of the problems I have. I am fine with that as I think this could be a hardware issue and attempting to fix it in these forums could be impossible at best.
agoenczi
User
User

Spaceball 5000 in NX 5

Post by agoenczi »

Hi imadunatic

Do you have some other USB-devices connected to your computer?

What happens after a restart of the computer? Are the NX commands shown in the list correctly?
agoenczi
imadunatic

Post by imadunatic »

I have a HASP Key for Mastercam and my mouse is a USB mouse.

I have the same results after a restart. It is not saving my configurations at all. The name of the saved configuration will show up in the list, but the button configuration will reset to blank.
agoenczi
User
User

Spaceball 5000 in NX 5

Post by agoenczi »

Hi imadunatic

What operating system do you have? Is it Windows XP or Windows Vista, a 32 or a 64 bit system?
agoenczi
imadunatic

Post by imadunatic »

Windows XP SP 2
32 Bit System

I found the .SCG files and they are saving, but it appears that the 3DX Software doesn't know where to find them to load.
agoenczi
User
User

Spaceball 5000 in NX 5

Post by agoenczi »

Hi imadunatic,

These files are generated by the driver 3DxWare, excepting the set which is stored for the default values under:

C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3Dconnexion 3DxSoftware\3DxWare\en_us\profiles\default

I would suggest to completely remove 3DxSoftware as described here and finally install 3DxSoftware v3-4-2 again. Please share your experience by posting the result.
agoenczi
imadunatic

Post by imadunatic »

I completely uninstalled the software and then deleted all of these folders and their contents. 2 full days and everything seems to be working fine. I think I had an old version plus the new install and it was confusing the software. Buttons seem to be staying programmed.
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi imadunatic

Great news!

Enjoy using the device.
agoenczi