Space Explorer not saving programable buttons...

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

adml_shake

Space Explorer not saving programable buttons...

Post by adml_shake »

One of my users has a SpaceExplorer mouse he uses in AutoCad Inventor 08, he loves it but ever time he configures the buttons on it only saves some of the settings and the rest go back to their default settings. I'm thinking that it's a rights issue (he's on a domain with no admin rights) and that if I give him admin rights, set the buttons save it, then take the admin rights away that they should stay. I'm asking before I do this because of the fact that it seems to be saving some of the settings that he's programmed into it. And wanted to know before I did it if anyone had come accross something similar and had another work around. Thanks
Peter

Post by Peter »

adml_shake,
Yes, the log-in profile must have full admin rights when the driver is initially installed.
Also, in the 3d connexion control panel, under the OPTIONS menue, make certain that AUTOMATICALLY SAVE CONFIGURATIONS is selected.

Peter
jwick

Post by jwick »

I'm not sure that is what is happening here. The users settings are saved under %APPDATA% which should be writable by each user. It's their private area that Windows designates for them. They probably have access to it.

This could be a user making changes in the 3DxWare driver GUI when he really should be only making changes inside Inventor. This is a constant point of confusion. We try to do our best to prevent users from getting to the 3DxWare GUI if there is a better GUI inside the application, as there is in Inventor. Still people find it hiding. Make sure the user is using the GUI iside Inventor, not the 3DxWare driver GUI.
Last edited by jwick on Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
ngomes

Re: Space Explorer not saving programable buttons...

Post by ngomes »

Hi adml_shake,
adml_shake wrote:AutoCad Inventor 08
You mean "Autodesk Inventor 8", I believe.

I think the confusion comes from the fact that there is no add-in (extended button support) for Inventor 8. The only supported versions are Inventor 9 and above.
Nuno Gomes
adml_shake

Post by adml_shake »

He's using Autodesk Inventor 2008 (according to the Icon on his desktop). So the programmable buttons won't work at all with that program?
agoenczi
User
User

Inventor 8

Post by agoenczi »

Hi adml_shake

There is another confusion here: you wrote earlier that the customer uses Inventor 08. There is an Inventor R8 as well.

If you customer has Inventor 2008 the add-in should be available.

Could you specify which 3DxSoftware release your customer uses?

It would be helpful to know details about the configuration he uses (operating system including the installed service pack, CPU, grafic card, installed memory, other connected USB devices).
agoenczi