for Lightwave users

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

voomer

for Lightwave users

Post by voomer »

Hi!

I just found this CameraMan plugin made by the Trueart guys.
http://www.trueart.eu/?URIType=Director ... s/Plug-Ins
agoenczi
User
User

for Lightwave users

Post by agoenczi »

Hi voomer

Thank you for posting here. I believe many Lightwave/3D mice users will appreciate this information.
agoenczi
leonartdo

Post by leonartdo »

Heya,
Here is a spaceball driver from tmproductions for lightwave that is compatible with Space navigator.

http://www.tmproductions.com/ProductsBi ... ll_x86.zip

Cheers
voomer

Post by voomer »

Well..

Its not working with modeler.

Still waiting to get support.......................................................................
MG

Post by MG »

It won't work for me at all (I only tried it in Layout, I figured it wouldn't work in Modeler anyway). I'm not sure why it won't work, I followed the instructions and the driver is working properly.

The TM Productions' plug-in does work on the other hand, and rather well too, with the exception of one bug (when one tries to use the left function key of the SpaceNavigator).
Marco Gariboldi
voomer

i`ve had enough

Post by voomer »

thank you guys for not supporting for lightwave. i think im gonna sell my explorer. congratulation!
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi voomer,

Did you report the problem to the editor of the solution for lightwave? If yes, what was their response?

3Dconnexion did not write (and, therefore, cannot support) that plug-in.
Nuno Gomes
voomer

LOVELY SERVICE

Post by voomer »

That plugins was written in 2002.6 years old plugin. probably a dead way to ask him to write a new plugin for version 9.xx with support of Modeler too.The whole core of Lightwave been changed from version 9.

Did you get in touch with the Trueart guys?("If you're 3rd party developer that wish to write Space Navigator driver please contact with us for more informations about license price (it will be with the full CameraMan source code, illustrating how to use this technology in practice").So what was their response?
voomer

Post by voomer »

Ngomes

By the way

How about to get a support for Modo too?

maybe we should cost an extra money to get these support???????????
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi voomer,
How about to get a support for Modo too?
We'd love to and we're trying to get it. You can help to make it happen. Send a note to Luxology and tell them how cool it would be to have support for 3D mice in Modo for Windows and Mac.
voomer

nice support...

Post by voomer »

Well its still not gonna solve my problem with Lightwave......How many years does it take to get support? 4? maybe 5?
ngomes

Re: nice support...

Post by ngomes »

Hi voomer,
Well its still not gonna solve my problem with Lightwave......How many years does it take to get support? 4? maybe 5?
An application editor investment in time for a particular feature is proportional to the number of individual customers asking for it.

Every little helps. The more customers request NewTek for 3D mouse support in LightWave, the more leverage there is to make it happen. That's true for any application.
voomer

HAHAHA

Post by voomer »

hmm

As far I know i purchase this product from 3dconnexion NOT from Newtek.I assume its ur responsibility to get support not mine. You know i have really had enough about posting here....
Artesiastp

Post by Artesiastp »

just imaging if wacom tablets would only work in programs that explicitly supported them. It would be horrible, no one would ever use wacom tablets because programmers "saw no use" for them.