Navigator still active in unfocussed window.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

martinp

Navigator still active in unfocussed window.

Post by martinp »

If I open say Windows Explorer and take focus away from Solidworks, moving the SpaceNavigator still moves the Solidworks model behind the explorer window.

This is also the same on the demos.

I don't think it should do that.

Win XP Pro
SpaceNavigator v3.4.2
Solidworks 2007 sp3.1
Martin
Peter

Post by Peter »

Martinp,
I was able to duplicate the issue that you have described.
As long as the 3dx driver is running, and SolidWorks is open (with a file open), even if you open another app (like Windows Explorer) and select that app as "active", there will still be device functionality in SolidWorks as long as the 3dx driver is enabled (running).

Peter
jwick

Post by jwick »

This is by design...and by design, I think it will change in an upcoming release. I'm glad you agree that it is confusing.
martinp

Post by martinp »

The current way of working is only useful when adjusting the speed settings on the 3Dconnexion control panel, makes it much easier than having to switch back and forth between to the main application and the control panel to see the effect of any change.

I can't think of any other circumstance where it is an advantage and the fact a unfocussed window is still receiving movement instructions is a big disadvantage in my book.

Maybe when running the control panel it could enable this "feature" just for the session.
Martin