Perspective pan in XSI

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

monkeypox

Perspective pan in XSI

Post by monkeypox »

I really like my Space Navigator, but I can
agoenczi
User
User

Perspective pan in XSI

Post by agoenczi »

Hi monkeypox

What version of XSI do you have? And which 3DxSoftware release?

Could you describe what would like to do exactly? Would you like only to pan over a scene?
agoenczi
monkeypox

Post by monkeypox »

XSI Foundation 6.02

3Dconnexion
Version 3.4.2.
Driver version 6.4.4
Firmware version 3.18.
SpaceNavigator

I probably should have been more specific in regards to the view, as I am used to calling it the perspective view :D I meant to say the Camera view.

In regards to what I actually want it to do, I would like it to act as if I had activated the Navigation tool (the S key) and panning using the LMB.

The zoom and rotate actions function just as if I where using the navigation tool and the MMB & RMB respectively, just not the pan action.

thank you for your response.
agoenczi
User
User

Perspective pan in XSI

Post by agoenczi »

Hi monkeypox

I had to think what it could be LMB, MMB and RMB, but I figured out finally :D .

I would suggest to check the "Fly Mode" on the "3Dx Control" - you will be able to pan. Remember however that a 3D mouse isn't identical with a classical mouse :lol:

Different modes will allow different navigation possibilities and the camera mode has a special meaning...
agoenczi
monkeypox

Post by monkeypox »

thank you, this is exactly what i want it to do.

with my birthday coming up, and knowing the Navigator does exactly what i want, i hope to upgrade to the one with buttons, in effect (hopefully) blending my Nostromo *** ******** with a navigator. :roll:

thanks again, and sorry about the LMB, etc thing.

leave it to me to ask for specific answers while giving cryptic descriptions and confusing shorthand code that only 3 people use :D