3DxProENGINEER problem with Wildfire 3 x64

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

renderfarmer

3DxProENGINEER problem with Wildfire 3 x64

Post by renderfarmer »

Hi,

When I start up Pro/E Wildfire 3 x64 I get the following message:

Startup of application "3DxProENGINEER" failed.

This was the case with both the 3.0.7 and the newer 3.0.9 driver packages.

My SpacePilot does however work once in Pro/E.
Ken Denton

Post by Ken Denton »

renderfarmer,
Do you get any other errors? Maybe something with an error code?

I'm not surprised that the SpacePilot works without the 3DxProENGINEER plug-in loaded. Support for our devices is built into Pro/E. However, without the plug-in, you will not get to take advantage of the full feature set provided by the SpacePilot.
Ken Denton
3Dconnexion, Inc. A Logitech Company
renderfarmer

Post by renderfarmer »

Yes, I agree, that's why I wanted for the updated 3.0.9 driver package before I said anything. Thankfully the default settings are very good, at least for my taste. But it would be nice to be able to use the full feature set.

Sadly no error code, only what I wrote in my original post.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you figure out what's wrong.

-phil
Brieldo

Post by Brieldo »

I too am having this problem. I followed the steps to configure the config file for the SpacePilot within the Pro/E directory, but I get an error saying the following:

"Pro/TOOLKIT registry file C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 3.0\text\protk.dat cannot spawn application 3DxProENGINEER; read error 'No such file or directory'

Any thoughts on this?
jclark

Post by jclark »

This is also true with WF2 x64. I want to note that for some reason the program installs to C:\Program Files (x86) using the latest package.

I've tried editing the protkdat file in many different configurations but I do not have a successful startup. In fact, in the message area Pro/E says 3DxProENGINEER failed to start and the next line says 3DXProENGINEER started successfully.
Brieldo

Post by Brieldo »

I should add that I too am running the x64 version of Wildfire, albeit Wildfire 3.
hlo

Post by hlo »

I also encounter problems with the mentioned OS architectures and driver 3.0.9
I tried versions Wildfire 3 Build M040 and Wildfire 2 Build M190 both x64 versions on XP x64-Edition (german interface).
Here I get following messages:
>>Pro/Toolkit application "3DxProENGINEER" was built to run on a newer version of Pro/ENGINEER.
Pro/Toolkit version 0.0, Pro/ENGINEER version 27.0<< (26.0 in WF2, respectively)
I use the protk.dat and the dll under the c:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\...\3DxProENGINEER64 folder tree

Trying the 32 bit version of Wildfire 3 M040 and the protk.dat and dll under the C:\Program Files (x86) \3Dconnexion\...\3DxProENGINEER folder tree, it works fine, currently testing it with Wildfire 2 M190
Brieldo

Post by Brieldo »

Any updates from the mods on this one? It's kind of a pressing issue.
jclark

Post by jclark »

I can't get this to work at all.

Even in Pro/E, sure the device works....but it's not centering so I get a slow bleed spin going on. Very annoying.
hlo

Post by hlo »

I have to agree to Brieldo.

I have to manage more than 20 Installations of Pro/E WF2.0 most of them on x64 platform. Most users complain about the missing functions since the OS migration and I am not keen on upgrading to Wildfire 3.0 without the plugin working.

BTW (Mayba a topic for a new thread):
On a working plugin:
Why are no global mapkeys available (from ..\text\config.pro) but only the personal ones from the startup directory ?
Ken Denton

Post by Ken Denton »

Our team is working to reproduce this issue. We appreciate your patience. Please give us a few more days. :wink:
Ken Denton
3Dconnexion, Inc. A Logitech Company
mbonk

Post by mbonk »

jclark wrote:I can't get this to work at all.

Even in Pro/E, sure the device works....but it's not centering so I get a slow bleed spin going on. Very annoying.
If the model is moving although you are not touching the device, then open the '3Dconnexion Control Panel' and hit the 'Calibrate' button. This should stop the effect.
mbonk

Post by mbonk »

The issue resulting in the message
Pro/Toolkit application "3DxProENGINEER" was built to run on a newer version of Pro/ENGINEER.
Pro/Toolkit version 0.0, Pro/ENGINEER version 27.0
has been reproduced and will be fixed in the next version. This issue only applies to the x64 version of 3dxproengineer.

A small note:
The dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\3Dconnexion\...\3DxProENGINEER\i486_nt\obj is the 32 bit version.
The dll in C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\...\3DxProENGINEER64\x86e_win64\obj is the 64 bit version.

The 'exec_file' line in the protk.dat file should point to the correct dll i.e. for x64 this might be
exec_file C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3Dconnexion Software\3DxProENGINEER64\x86e_win64\obj\3dxProe.dll
mbonk

Post by mbonk »

Brieldo wrote:I too am having this problem. I followed the steps to configure the config file for the SpacePilot within the Pro/E directory, but I get an error saying the following:

"Pro/TOOLKIT registry file C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 3.0\text\protk.dat cannot spawn application 3DxProENGINEER; read error 'No such file or directory'

Any thoughts on this?
This sounds like the exec_file line in the protk.dat file is wrong. Let me know what it is, so that we can try to work out why.
alfredix

Post by alfredix »

Hello everybody,
I followed this thread about Pro/E x64 and the new 3DxConnection software, because I had the same errors as the guys. With the same result.
Controller works with Pro/Ex64, but the full functionality of my SpacePilot is still not unleased.
so I downloaded 3.1.1beta today from the german 3Dx web site, hoping that 3DConnexion fixed the bug in the meantime.
The good news is: The beta version does not make it worse :wink:
Bad news, no change since 3.0.9. The 3DxProE.DLL has still the old date stamp from 27.11.06 and the error still persists. I'm not sure if 3DConnexion did anything on the Pro/E x64 Plugin. If so there is no change.
Well guys keep going!! It's not too late to fix this bug. After more than one year using the Space Pilot, I'm still curious to see its full functionality working inside Pro/E x64... (and still happy from I saw up to now)

Alfredix