Space Mouse Plus

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

rarredondo

Space Mouse Plus

Post by rarredondo »

I just purchased a used Space Mouse Plus w/serial cable. I installed the correct software from the 3DConnexion website, software installed OK. But I keep getting an error message that it cannot find a 3D Device. When the computer boots up the device beeps but will not load the driver because it cannot find the Space Mouse Plus.

The 3DConnexion website mentions a power adapter if this problem occurs, but there is no place to plug in an power adapter to the Space Mouse Plus.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ron A.
ngomes

Re: Space Mouse Plus

Post by ngomes »

Hi rarredondo,
rarredondo wrote:I just purchased a used Space Mouse Plus w/serial cable.
Serial devices are no longer supported in release 3. You will need to download the previous release, 3DxSoftware v. 2.8 (see here and make sure you select "SpaceMouse Plug serial").
If you are already using release 2.8, then we will need research this issue further.
Nuno Gomes
rarredondo

Post by rarredondo »

Thanks for the reply, I am using the 2.8 versio of software. I just tried this mouse on another computer and it does work, so I will have to check my serial ports further.

Thanks

Ron A.
rarredondo

Post by rarredondo »

Checked serial port, appears to be working according to Device Manager, I don't really know what else to check. Everytime I manually start the driver, the Space Mouse Plus beeps. Then I get the error message cannot find 3D controller. I tried different Bits Per Second settings, nothing seems to work. I tried disabling serial port and enabling, then unistalling then restarting windows, nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ron A.
Ken Denton

Post by Ken Denton »

rarredondo,

Please take a look at this FAQ I recently pulled off our website. It may help.

I have installed the driver (3DxWare), but it cannot find my serial SpaceMouse/SpaceBall. It reports that "No 3D Motion Controller Could Be Detected." What should I do?

1. Verify the motion controller is connected to the machine.

2. If it is still not working, try the following steps to specify the COM port. This solution is only valid for a serial device. Changing the com will not affect a USB device.

Go to Start...Programs...3Dconnexion...3DxWare...(right click) on "Start Driver" go to "Properties."

Edit the "Target" line.

Old Line: "C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxSrv.exe" -SearchWarnDlg

New line: "C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxSrv.exe" -com 1.
Return to "Start Driver" and select it to start the driver.
Ken Denton
3Dconnexion, Inc. A Logitech Company
rarredondo

I give up

Post by rarredondo »

Thanks for all the help Ken, I finally got fed up and purchased the Spacepilot, hopefully I will have better luck with it.

Ron A.
Ken Denton

Post by Ken Denton »

rarredondo,
I know you will enjoy the SpacePilot! It is an excellent choice! :D
Ken Denton
3Dconnexion, Inc. A Logitech Company