Inventor 2008 / spacenavigator

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

keesgeerts

Post by keesgeerts »

I've a small problem with the spacenavigator in combination with inventor 2008.
*I open an assembly navigator works
*I open a part from that assembly navigator still works.
*do some changes to that part navigator works fine.
*I close the part and inventor jumps to the assembly, on this moment i can't move the model with the navigator. It seems the navigator loses focus on the model.

by giving the command "place constraint" and cancel this command, the navigator gets focus again and it works. When there are several models open it also helps to toggle between an other model and de assembly.

I've updated the software to the latest version, did not help. I've deinstalled the software and installed it again, didn,t help either.

system

windows XP pro sp 2
inventor 2008
3d
release 3.4.2
driver 6.4.4
firmware 3.18
keesgeerts

Post by keesgeerts »

I also tried on Inventor R11 same problem occured.
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi keesgeerts,

I could reproduce the issue you described. I used Inventor 11 to reproduce the case.

In this case I would like to ask to contact Autodesk as the support for navigation has been implemented by Autodesk. 3Dconnexion implemented only the plug-in.
agoenczi
keesgeerts

Post by keesgeerts »

I'am happy that you could reproduce the case. This means that there is nothing wrong with my installation. (or we both do the same thing wrong). I will post my question at my reseller.

Thanks for the help
rschader

Re: Inventor 2008 / spacenavigator

Post by rschader »

Hello,

This looks like the same problem I am experiencing in Inventor 2008 AFTER upgrading to the latest 3dconnexion driver last week! What I am experiencing is that ANYTIME a dialog window pops up that DEACTIVATES the main graphics window (where the 3d model is), the space ball CEASES to function UNTIL i click inside the main graphics window to ACTIVATE it!

I must again STRESS that this only cropped up AFTER installing your LATEST DRIVERS. If AutoDesk supplies you with the code to include in your drivers, then I suggest you forward this information to them for review, otherwise you may want to take another look at YOUR "plug-in" code regarding window activate and deactivation EVENTS!
agoenczi wrote:Hi keesgeerts,

I could reproduce the issue you described. I used Inventor 11 to reproduce the case.

In this case I would like to ask to contact Autodesk as the support for navigation has been implemented by Autodesk. 3Dconnexion implemented only the plug-in.